Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

internet tyres

Options
  • 27-04-2008 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

I have seen a few posts about internet tyres. Here is my experience.

So I needed two new tyres, I ordered them from eirtyres. I wanted Pirellis the cost was half the price of two quotes.

I ordered them I got an email back questioning some of my details. I replied with the extra info adding I wanted a pm delivery if possible.

I got an email back with delivery details including date. The tyres duly arrived as advertised.

I then began to think about getting them mounted, I guessed a tyre place would rip me off or refuse to fit someone elses tyres. even at twenty quid a wheel I would still be quids in.

I removed the wheels from the car and brought them to a tyre fitting centre with the two tyres. they fitted the tyres and balanced both wheels even loaded them into the back of the van.

I braced my self and waited for the price. " aw just give the guy out back a tenner came the reply". I gave the guy a tenner plus a tip. Smiles all round.

The fact They didn't have to jack up a car, remove wheels etc seemed to help big time. Sometimes your up sometimes your down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Nice one. I find that the smaller places will fit tyres you bring in yourself. Don't even bother asking Advance or Fastfit as they want to supply the tyres at inflated prices (excuse the pun). Eiretyres have great deals and also list fitting centres (best to call the centre before you turn up with the tyres though as I found their list to be less than accurate).
    I got some Falkens for my wifes A2 from them - €400 fitted (205/40 17) which wasn't bad at all.

Advertisement