Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliability of Ankermann

Options
  • 27-04-2008 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hiho, popping my posting cherry here.....

About to splurge a bit on a new PC and cant be arsed to build another from scratch. Right now, i'm considering OverclockersUK, komplett and Ankermann-pc. I already have experience with Overclockers and komplett but was wondering about Ankermann as its shipping cost and general price is pretty good.

Has anyone had much experience with them? I dont care too much about shipping times, but build quality, after sales service (ie honouring warranties etc.) and 'mysterious' missing shipments are things I need to know about. I did a search of the forum and couldn't find much in the way of peoples experience with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Try Dabs.ie as well they are cheaper than Komplett and priced in Euros.

I read on another post Overclockers charge 21% vat to deliver here they add the extra charge at the checkout .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Elara.ie is another good Irish etailer

I've no experience with Ankermann, but with the German VAT rate being 19% you save big time. I have shopped with Hardwareversand.de, would highly recommend them, needs to be a substantial order tho as shipping is €30 per order.

Komplett are overpriced at the moment, most stuff is cheaper elsewhere, they also mark items as in stock on their website, when their not. As TonyM. says OCUK charge 21% vat to deliver here, can vouch for that as I've had dealings before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

I didn't have a very good experience with them

I emailed them about a psu failure, and they wanted me to send the psu to them which would have cost me €30 and it would have taken two weeks, so I told them to stuff it and got a new one for €60.

Since the PSU failure i had a year of no problems but now my motherboard has failed....

I couldn't be bothered dealing with them again, so i'm going back to building my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alpha1.2

+1 for the quick replys guys! I checked out www1.hardwareversand.de as per your reccomendation, talk about spoilt for choice (though I had my heart set on an antec 900 or a soprano DX case)! Think I'm gonna go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alpha1.2

Update;

I have gone with hardwareversand.de

Great range of stuff, great price and only 30eur shipping for entire PC, monitor, 5.1 speaker set, mouse/keyboard and headphones! I will update again on delivery time & general experience. I think this section should have a sticky of reviews of the various sites, reliability/price/range/shipping/payment methods etc.

If anyones interested, I got......

ASUS P5K, Sockel 775, ATX 78,66 €
    Intel Core 2 Duo (2x3ghz)E8400 Tray 6144Kb, LGA775, 64bit 158,99 €
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 27,04 €
    2048MB-Kit OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold GX XTC Dual Channel, CL5 32,67 €
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA II 65,59 €
    Sparkle 8800GTS 512MB, PCI-Express 163,02 €
    Antec Nine Hundred case, ATX 88,10 €
    ATX-Netzt..Seasonic S12-550 "Energy" 80Plus, 550Watt 92,19 €
    Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW, 22" 253,68 €
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio 54,04 €
    Logitech X-530 5.1 System 51,49 €
    Plantronics .Audio365 Gaming Headset 22,05 €
    Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse 31,06 €
    LG GH20 dvd rw 32,45 €
    D-Link DFE-530TX PCI-Adapter Retail,32-Bit,10/100 Mbit NWay 8,05 €
    Plus xp home, built for me, xp preintalled, floppy dive, keyboard, shipping and logistics for a grand total of.....1.327,53eur

• Advertisement
Advertisement