Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best oil condensing

• 27-04-2008 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

hello,

i have revied and listen to many people on woodchip, Geo, etc, but looks like im going to stick with oil,

can anyone recommend the best oil condensing boiler on the market?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

google SEI HARP database

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sparky78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to renewable energies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

smashey wrote: »
    Moved to renewable energies.

You heathin!!

OIL is the antichrist of the renewables energy forum! :pac:

Anyhow, i would recommend Grant Engineering, the make a good product and have a good reputation in the Irish and UK Market

"oil" *spits*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Oops.

Note to self: Read things through.

Moved back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    Oops.

Note to self: Read things through.

Moved back. :D
    I like it :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

hello,

im interested in the rotex system seems the dogs b00000,

has anyone seen them or any advice, im looking at the A1 boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

i've installed the firebird system, very happy with it

GRANT is equally is good imho they'll both do a good job at a reasonable cost

i reckon i'm saving about 45-50% on oil consumption now (figures to be finalised in another 2months or so) (circa 3500sq ft (total 4200 incl garage) oil cost 700 so far for the winter):D when compared to my last place, with the condensing boiler, solar, solar passive gaff and of course the insulation

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

De Man,

Your running costs sounds impressive. Are you running UFH?
    When you say Winter - how long so far for €700?
    Was your insulation a particularly high spec?

hello de man,

well done ill look into the grant,

can you detail your system a bit more, i have 60 mm kinspan in the walls, 100 mm to go into the floor, and im planning on slabbing the interior of the exterior walls, im also tempted to fill the cavity (40mm) with beeds, etc,

can you detail your system, by make etc.

i dont think a lot of people relaise how good these condensing boilers. etc,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i have a grant installed it was recommended by the plumber ,havent moved into the house yet so the heat doesnt be on much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

lfcjfc wrote: »
    De Man,

Your running costs sounds impressive. Are you running UFH?
    When you say Winter - how long so far for €700?
    Was your insulation a particularly high spec?

the oil was put in on the 2nd week of November runs for a few hours a day
    whilst my system operates independent of each other i'm still finding it difficult to accurately guage the temp. the house gets too hot too quickly!!

my boiler goes on and within 90seconds my system is up to operating temperature and a few mins more the room is at temp.

no ufh, and personally wouldn't touch it again and going by neighbouring
    new builds they wouldn't touch it either!!!

i'm not going to detail my operating system here (as this caused a lot of grief a few months back on this site & fair points were raised on each side and i'm not going into that subject again)

The insulation was pretty high spec and has been detailed fully if you do a search on me on this site or on the DIY site (forum 116) one thing
    i do recommend is the consider the whole house and not just insulation!!!

i took a lot of advice from vikinghouse, muffler and many others
    and used sarking boards on the roof

Consider quality of workmanship, windows, design, solar passive each of these
    have to be considered.

if you have any specific questions pm and i'll go through the system via telephone

thanks de man,

how do people think about combi boilers?

p

Advertisement