Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw Feels Wavey

Options
  • 27-04-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

95 Bmw 2.5 Tds Se.Feels Wavey ,new Shocks & Springs In The Rear & Wheels Tracked,no Virbrations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

is all the tyres at the correct PSI?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Has this wavyness been there since the new suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

suspension bushes done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 adam098

bushes are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

It depends on what you mean by "weavey", if you mean that the front end feels a bit unstable and can rock slightly from side to side, then I would say its front shocks, my '95 525i felt like thies rcently and changing the front shocks sorted the problem.

If you mean the car wanders slightly, e.g. driving on a motorway in a straight line you actually have to steer to keep the car straight, then its probably your steering box, these do wear and need to be adjusted, however there isn't much room for adjustment and if you over do it, the car won't self centre after you turn the wheel to round a bend.I had this problem on my car and had to replace the steering box with a good used one, which is hard to find. Why BMW didn't use a steering rack, which is far more efficient is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I thought a 95 would have a steering rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

No, a '95 is an E34 they have a steering box, the E39, '96-'03 has a steering rack.The only exception is the 525ix four wheel drive, which does have a steering rack.

Advertisement