Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs. Barca (2nd leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Barca
    Tevez hands down. I wouldnt give Brown the time of day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmm post deleted.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

Tevez 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Barca (Barca fans)
    I deleted them, but then undeleted them, and decided to just give everyone a

Leave it out lads honestly, let's leave the thread for a discussion about the match, and let the crap go to the thunderdrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Barca
    kaizersoze just enjoy in the victory mate and leave that arguing,do you know maybe result of Manchester United-Barcelona tonight?Just to remind me:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

:rolleyes:

No, to be honest I haven't. Your anti-United comments are a source of total amusement to everyone in this thread

What anti united connents? I've been saying Barce were crap, how is that anti United?

I did say Ronaldo was poor, which isnt really in doubt and most Utd fans are agreeing with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Obviously a battling performance from United, rarely clicked as a team in an attacking sense and never really got hold of the ball, but I still thought pretty much everyone played pretty well for United tonight...................

+1

Great summerisation of the game. Roll on the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Barca (Barca fans)
    I would say Brown. A big performance was needed from him tonight and he delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

kerash wrote: »
    Tevez hands down. I wouldnt give Brown the time of day....

Brown was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

kaizersoze just enjoy in the victory mate and leave that arguing,do you know maybe result of Manchester United-Barcelona tonight?Just to remind me:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D good man yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Its a real close call between those two but I'd have to say Brown. Some of his clearances and tackles where so crucial.
    Tevez just didnt stop running as well as Park. Im sure they will be wrecked tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Barca
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Seriously, how much shite do you plan on posting tonight?

ALOT MORE HOPEFULL KEEP IT UP DUDE,

chin up xavi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Barca (Barca fans)
    Tension was unbelievable for the last 10 minutes...

It's remarkable we've kept Barca from scoring over the two legs - a fantastic achievement in itself and highlights Utd's defensive grit.

Ferdinand and Brown along with Evra have been immense this season. Add in Vidic and it's probably the best back 4 around at the minute.

Utd will know they can take Chelsea or Liverpool in the final and provided we have a full strength side to pick from, we'll be firm favourites and rightly so - we've earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Boggles wrote: »
    The stat of Barca not scoring in over 6 hours of football was very surprising.

Not really tbh if they are playing like that in the league aswell. They have no killer instinct up front.

Teams can do what Utd did and soak it up then hit them. They are no great shakes at the back. They seem to play like 11 individuals rather than a team. Toure (?) shot from about 35 yards summed them up, there was never a shot on there but it didnt occur to him to pass it.

Deco cracked a couple of shots in the first leg with 2 or 3 Utd players standing in font of him that even a few Lampard deflections wouldnt have taken into the goal.

Barca
    Brown definitly player of the match if you ask me,he was fantastic tonight,they did it even without Rooney and Vidic,well done lads!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KERPAL wrote: »
    ALOT MORE HOPEFULL KEEP IT UP DUDE,

chin up xavi

Excuse me?

Maybe go back and have a read yeah? The guy posted something offensive to MAN CITY fans who aren't even involved tonight. I questioned him on it and he edited the post and apologised

So yeah, how about stayin on your feet next time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Barca
    hallelujah wrote: »
    Brown was excellent.

I dont care, I wouldn't have him on any team ever:D

Still Tevez was better by far, Ronaldo could learn a lot of lessons off that man. Class act.

Barca
    Excuse me?

Maybe go back and have a read yeah? The guy posted something offensive to MAN CITY fans who aren't even involved tonight. I questioned him on it and he edited the post and apologised

So yeah, how about stayin on your feet next time?

aww ye all the poor city fans, here man, i think u can appreciate the buz atm is unbelievable for man u fans(in the final of the CL), and i apologise for my stupidity in this time of pure and utter elation

SORRY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

smemon wrote: »
    Ferdinand and Brown along with Evra have been immense this season. Add in Vidic and it's probably the best back 4 around at the minute.

Agreed.

Another united CL yawnfest. And they say Liverpool are lucky in Europe? :confused:

Messi was on fire, particularly considering how long he has been out. Too bad he was let down by below par performances from Eto and Abidal. Henry was his old self again, unlucky not to get a good shot on goal.
    He plays on the LEEEEFT

He plays on the RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

That boy ronaldo makes Barca look sh*te

Wow.

You just reminded me how much I truly, utterly, deeply despise United.

No. Only joking. What really reminded me was listening to the booing whenever a Barca player went down injured or was substituted and comparing it to the respectful applause their better known players received in Glasgow at the Celtic match.
    aww ye all the poor city fans, here man, i think u can appreciate the buz atm is unbelievable for man u fans(in the final of the CL), and i apologise for my stupidity in this time of pure and utter elation

SORRY

Glad your happy.

Funnily enough the CL usually becomes a Mickey Mouse contest for 3rd rate European tems once Man U get knocked out.

"pfft, champions league, and they let 4 th place teams like the pool in, champions league me bollix...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Brown + Tevez + Messi = immense

Tevez was simply outstanding. He was involved in nearly every play, and I don't remember him being dispossessed at all! An absolute genius.

Messi was lethal... the only played who threatened really, but he tore us apart at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im gutted at how Barca played at times tonight, some of the passing when they had space and time was so so poor and a lot of players touch was off (Bar Messi who was savage).

But;

Credit where its due, well done lads, yee did what needed to be done, took advantage of some lax defending, got yer goal and defended very well after that, played the game perfectly really.

Enjoy the trip to Moscow, Hope to see yee there! (Who'd get to wear red?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

A think we have a few hyper United fans here going just a bit over the top. Will ye calm down ye shower maniacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Barca (Barca fans)
    shane86 wrote: »

Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7p4mioawIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Barca (Barca fans)
    Wow.

No. Only joking. What really reminded me was listening to the booing whenever a Barca player went down injured or was substituted and comparing it to the respectful applause their better known players received in Glasgow at the Celtic match.

Imagine Man United fans booing opposition players. The very idea! It's almost as if they want their team to have an advantage or something!

As for Celtic fans and their respectful applause...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1WmDHTSYQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Barcelona fans were constantly booing the united players last week - don't remember people moaning about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Tauren wrote: »
    Barcelona fans were constantly booing the united players last week - don't remember people moaning about that

Too right they did, booed the whole way through.

Utd fans were excellent tonight.
    Follow follow follow, cause united are going to Moscow.

Not exactly a great performance tonight but that will lift us and hopefully they'll ride that wave into saturday. badly needed after the weekend. thank god for our home form or we'd be finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Agreed.

Another united CL yawnfest. And they say Liverpool are lucky in Europe? :confused:

Messi was on fire, particularly considering how long he has been out. Too bad he was let down by below par performances from Eto and Abidal. Henry was his old self again, unlucky not to get a good shot on goal.

Wow.

Glad your happy.

Funnily enough the CL usually becomes a Mickey Mouse contest for 3rd rate European tems once Man U get knocked out.

"pfft, champions league, and they let 4 th place teams like the pool in, champions league me bollix...."

Woot, im delighted. Feckin do one shane86

Barca
    The most incredibly ironic thing is at the start of the season everyone was saying barcelona would score ridicuolous amounts of goals with their amazing strikeforce, while united were said to be damned unless they bought a striker!!!

How the world works, what an amazing place

• Advertisement

Barca
    PAT DOLAN IS A GENIUS-

for the goal, the camera clearly shows messi not running after scholesy when he shud be picking him up

hes ****e haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The most incredibly ironic thing is at the start of the season everyone was saying barcelona would score ridicuolous amounts of goals with their amazing strikeforce, while united were said to be damned unless they bought a striker!!!

How the world works, what an amazing place

In fairness I dont think anyone in their right mind would have doubted that Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo would fail to yield plenty of goals. I would have expected Both to score loads of goals tbh. Unfortunately Barca are in a weird position something akin to 'too many cooks' accompanied by a downturn in form of their best players. So much further behind Real then they should really be.
    PAT DOLAN IS A GENIUS-

for the goal, the camera clearly shows messi not running after scholesy when he shud be picking him up

hes ****e haha

yes, he's shite. The man who clearly stood head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch tonight for ability, was, in fact, shite...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Some of the posts in this thread are gas. Especially from Kaisier and Kerpal. Love to see yous lose to final just to see there reaction on here.

Anyways, Barca should of won tonight. Think United were there for the taking and they just didn't have the final ball. However, Messi was still immense.

Still, fair play to United, they fought as a team over the two legs and with pure teamwork they deserved the win.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Enjoy the trip to Moscow, Hope to see yee there! (Who'd get to wear red?)

That has already been decided. Man U will be the home team in the Final. When the quarter final and semi finals draws were done, They also done one for the final also and the winners of the Man U/ Barca came out first.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Some of the posts in this thread are gas. Especially from Kaisier and Kerpal. Love to see yous lose to final just to see there reaction on here.

Anyways, Barca should of won tonight. Think United were there for the taking and they just didn't have the final ball. However, Messi was still immense.

Still, fair play to United, they fought as a team over the two legs and with pure teamwork they deserved the win.

Ah get lost! Everyone gets carried away and excited when their team wins. Love to see us lose would ya, you must be a right bitter individual so having to see us win so much. All the begrudging makes victory even sweeter. :D We'll never die , we'll never die!

deisedevil wrote: »
    We'll never die , we'll never die!

Hmmm let's see how many say that after their trip to Moscow, especially if they meet pool fans there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ah get lost! Everyone gets carried away and excited when their team wins. Love to see us lose would ya, you must be a right bitter individual so having to see us win so much. All the begrudging makes victory even sweeter. :D We'll never die , we'll never die!

HOw am I Bitter to see yous win? I don't even support a team in the EPL!

Anyways, This thread is for match discussion. Keep all the chanting crap to the United thread!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hope it's feckin 'pool in the final. After we get one over Chelsea in the league, there wont be much point doing em in the CL and all. Plus it would be extra sweet to shove it down Liverpool's throat when we sack them 3-0 in Russia.

Hmmm let's see how many say that after their trip to Moscow, especially if they meet pool fans there

Ya it's great to get there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So you're saying that the pool fans are going to, literally, murder the Utd fans?

What a completely ridiculous and thoughtless post, whatever point you were going for and any other posts you make, will be against a background of stupidity.

Sorry your hero Xavi lost tonight, but it sounds like you need to sleep and look at things in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can I have a chicken fried rice and a veg curry with no onions from half that united fans tonight.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Man Utd (United fans)

Wow - now THAT'S bitter.

Barca
    Yeah,you critised some posts tonight as offending you and what should we think after this ''killing inviation'' post?

astrofool wrote: »
    So you're saying that the pool fans are going to, literally, murder the Utd fans?

What a completely ridiculous and thoughtless post, whatever point you were going for and any other posts you make, will be against a background of stupidity.

Sorry your hero Xavi lost tonight, but it sounds like you need to sleep and look at things in the morning.

Stupidity? So you're telling me that two rival English teams meeting in one of the world's dodgiest cities isn't going to spell trouble? Naivity tbh

Barca
    Can I have a chicken fried rice and a veg curry with no onions from half that united fans tonight.:D

Coming in 5 minutes:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well an all English final! There will be blood on the streets of Moscow!

The match was full of tension! Poor football from both sides but united held the nerve, had the spirit and heart to go through. Barca looked beaten very early on. Its clear this team is a shadow of itself.

Tevez was outstanding, defending from the front. Surely he will be bought now!
    Messi was the best player out there i thought but the other ten werent interested it seems. They should build the new barca team around him.

Ronaldo, even the united fans in the pub were screaming at him to get on with it and dig in. Too busy pulling faces. He will probably score in the final though!!:p

Park was very good i thought.
    Barca reminded me of Arsenal of last year. Maybe they should sell Henry!:)
    United took their chance and by that football esque they deserve to go through. It could have all ended in tears, anybody remember porto 4 years ago?

Now who to support in the final?:confused:

quad_red wrote: »
    Wow - now THAT'S bitter.

No bitterness at all. Sure I've already said United were good value for their win. However we all know that an all-English final is the worst case scenario when it comes to trouble amongst fans.

Barca
    jank wrote: »
    Now who to support in the final?:confused:

United of course:D

jank wrote: »
    Well an all English final! There will be blood on the streets of Moscow!

I see I'm not the only one who thinks it

Barca
    Anyway i dont like to hear comments like that

• Advertisement
Advertisement