Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs. Barca (2nd leg)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea im surprised people actually think this is NOT going to be an issue. Maybe too many arm chair supporters here. Things get heated at live football matches.

Wont be as bad if it is chelsea but liverpool.....i dont know it could get very bad.

By the way im not saying one is better or worse then the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyway i dont like to hear comments like that

Might wanna block your ears for the next three weeks so to be fair because it's going to be talked about a lot in the media

United of course:D

I dont know. Its like choosing what venereal disease you would like to get.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Barca
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Might wanna block your ears for the next three weeks so to be fair because it's going to be talked about a lot in the media

No of course,just saying i am sick of hooligans here in Serbia so its annoying anytime i hear it

Barca
    jank wrote: »
    I dont know. Its like choosing what venereal disease you would like to get.:D

:D:D:D Choose the best option than:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Tusky wrote: »
    What ? Am I wrong ? No. No I'm not.

Reported.

You're regurgitating what you've heard others say and not forming your own opinions in context of the game.

Are you wrong? Yes. Yes you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Barca (Barca fans)
    jank wrote: »
    Yea im surprised people actually think this is NOT going to be an issue. Maybe too many arm chair supporters here. Things get heated at live football matches.

With the cost it's going to be to the average fan for tickets travel accomodation and visas, it's likely a lot of the people in moscow will be armchair fans. UEFA (and United who'll try fleece them) ****ing over the little guys as usual.

I was offered a ticket for the final there last week but I swiftly said no thanks. Price of flights alone would kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Just like to point out that Carrick played like a man possessed in the first half, I have been highly critical of his tackling or lack of, the nail was hit on the head when he was summed up as being "passive".

Well fúck me he pulled out of nothing, even headed the ball a couple of times. He went back to old Carrick for the second half, but it did allow Scholes to relax a bit get forward and score the wonder goal.

If Carrick could add that to his game, not only would he be twice the player, I think we could see old Scholes again.

Also Brown, who has been torn apart by alot of people was immense. I was always critical of Brown up until about 5 months ago when for me he proved that he could play a bit, he has played more games than any United player and has been ever present in the best defense in Europe.

With all the talk of Messi and Ronaldo being the best player in the world, etc. To be honest with all there flicks and beating one or 2 players they did fúck all, Tevez put the both of them to shame over the 2 legs - Call world class what it is, Scholes goal and Tevez tenacity.

Price of flights alone would kill me.

Not to mention that the average Moscow cop would also kill you if you attempted to riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'd like to add to that. I gave out stink about Park being selected before the game. He tackled like crazy, threw in some crazy headers. I was delighted with his effort tonight. Such a pity he can't do it on a regular basis and back it up with a few goals and assists.

Barca
    Boggles wrote: »
    Not to mention that the average Moscow cop would also kill you if you attempted to riot.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Predhead wrote: »
    You're regurgitating what you've heard others say and not forming your own opinions in context of the game.

Are you wrong? Yes. Yes you are.

Eh...what ? I was basing it on the games I have seen Ronaldo play this season including the game tonight in which he did everything that I stated.

I'm wrong am I ? So Ronaldo doesnt dive, moan, throw his arms up in the air and complain regularly then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Barca (Barca fans)
    With all the talk of Messi and Ronaldo being the best player in the world, etc. To be honest with all there flicks and beating one or 2 players they did fúck all, Tevez put the both of them to shame over the 2 legs - Call world class what it is, Scholes goal and Tevez tenacity.

You could say that about Ronaldo but certainly not Messi. He was terrific in both legs.

Eh...what ? I was basing it on the games I have seen Ronaldo play this season including the game tonight in which he did everything that I stated.

I'm wrong am I ? So Ronaldo doesnt dive, moan, throw his arms up in the air and complain regularly then ?

Jesus lads, the Ronaldo thing got old a long time ago, don't think anyone has the stomach for it anymore. Knock it on the head. His peers voted him player of the year, he can't be a complete arsé hole. Leave it til next season.

You could say that about Ronaldo but certainly not Messi. He was terrific in both legs.

Both of them did fúck all of any significance.

Barca (Barca fans)
    Both of them did fúck all of any significance.

What match were you watching? Have a read of this thread while the match was going on and you see plenty of people praising Messi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Man Utd (United fans)
    This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And also, for the people that complain that Ronaldo doesn't track back. 180 mins against Barca and Utd. didn't concede. And Utd. have also conceded the least amount of goals in a Premiership season that they look like they will finish as champions. Does he really need to defend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Jesus lads, the Ronaldo thing got old a long time ago, don't think anyone has the stomach for it anymore. Knock it on the head. His peers voted him player of the year, he can't be a complete arsé hole. Leave it til next season.

Well said. Players he plays against decision holds more weight than any others imo.

What match were you watching? Have a read of this thread while the match was going on and you see plenty of people praising Messi.

I'm not going to open up a debate about Mess or Ronaldo or who has more pubic hair, Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent, for 2 of the best attackers in the world to play 200 minutes of football and not get a shot between them on target is a fúcking joke.

Man Utd (United fans)

ziggy wrote: »

Ziggy your either pissed or shít stirring, get a tape of the match, sit down and watch it, take a few notes, watch Tevez carefully and get back to the forum tomorow.

Barca (Barca fans)
    I'm not going to open up a debate about Mess or Ronaldo or who has more pubic hair, Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent, for 2 of the best attackers in the world to play 200 minutes of football and not get a shot between them on target is a fúcking joke.

Messi did get a shot on target. He forced VDS into a good save in the first half.

Messi was also rated the man of the match on BBC's Sport Player Rater with a score of 7.98:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7368730.stm

You defended Ronaldo vociferously last week and you're right he did f*ck all over the two legs. Messi outclassed him. You are a victim of the Sky hype.

• Advertisement

Messi did get a shot on target. He forced VDS into a good save in the first half.

Messi was also rated the man of the match on BBC's Sport Player Rater with a score of 7.98:

You defended Ronaldo vociferously last week and you're right he did f*ck all over the two legs. Messi outclassed him. You are a victim of the Sky hype.

:rolleyes:

Barca (Barca fans)
    :rolleyes:

Great point. Well said. Kudos to your debating skills my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Jealousy will get you nowhere...

Man Utd (United fans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great point. Well said. Kudos to your debating skills my friend.

He is clearly not bothered explaining something to you when your so stubborn and blind to see that Ronaldo was not outclassed.

What the **** did he do that was so bad? I don't understand it...don't bother replying, my finals are in the morning and i'm going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

People expect far too much of Ronaldo and Messi tbh.

Messi tonight was great. He was constantly running at United and was causing all sorts of problems, I was ****ting myself every time he got the ball tbh. Did he score? No. Apart from that one save he got out of VDS, he didn't even create a proper chance really. But you can't say he did nothing - what do you expect him to do? He was playing against an exceptional defence and his teammates were pretty much got worse the nearer they got to the United box. He can't score Getafe goals every match.

Likewise with Ronaldo, I thought he had a very good game. Was he particularly prominent? No. But United had no control over the game, so he was never going to see much of the ball. Nevertheless, he contributed a lot more to the defence than he normally does, he rarely gave the ball away (though he did run into a few cul de sacs, much like Messi I might add) and he was a constant outlet to relieve the pressure on the defence. Not to mention the fact that he was involved in almost all our attacks - his low cross that Nani nearly poked in, his pass for Park's shot, his one-two's with Nani and Tevez for their shots, and the opportunity he created for himself where he shot just wide. Edit: not to mention his skinning of Puyol and cross that nearly beat Marquez for a certain goal. Plus he was the one who dragged everyone out of position for Scholes' goal. Ronaldo put in the type of performance that most benefitted the team in this particular match - unselfish, simple, hardworking yet dangerous. But, of course, he gets slated by the anti-Ronaldo brigade!

People!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Theres a difference in the debates. Previous debates have doubted his quality or performances in big games. Im not doubting that. I think he fully deserved to be player of the year and I think he is a the best winger in the world.

I was just pointing out that I have a pain in my brain from watching him dive and moan his way through games.

Barca (Barca fans)
    cheesedude wrote:
    Jealousy will get you nowhere...

What am I jealous of? :confused:
    cheesedude wrote: »
    He is clearly not bothered explaining something to you when your so stubborn and blind to see that Ronaldo was not outclassed.

What the **** did he do that was so bad? I don't understand it...don't bother replying, my finals are in the morning and i'm going to bed.

If you compare the two Ronaldo was outclassed. He spent more time diving and whingeing in the first leg as opposed to contributing as Messi did. In the second leg, it wasn't a contest. Messi was deadly every time he had the ball and the likes of Carrick had to stop him illegally (and take a yellow card).

Best of luck in the finals but I really hope it's nothing to do with sport analysis or you're f*cked mate. :pac:

What am I jealous of? :confused:

If you compare the two Ronaldo was outclassed. He spent more time diving and whingeing in the first leg as opposed to contributing as Messi did. In the second leg, it wasn't a contest. Messi was deadly every time he had the ball and the likes of Carrick had to stop him illegally (and take a yellow card).

Best of luck in the finals but I really hope it's nothing to do with sport analysis or you're f*cked mate. :pac:

Well Yourself and Messi can look forward to watching him diving and whingeing in the final from the comfort of yer sitting rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

deisedevil wrote: »
    Such a pity he can't do it on a regular basis and back it up with a few goals and assists.

he's not a winger, Ferguson for the most part has been playing him as one so i don't feel he's ever had a real chance to demonstrate his ability. Tonight was the first time in ages that i've seen play more centrally like he used at PSV. Personally i think he's the most underrated player in the United squad, was delighted to see him perform tonight.

Barca (Barca fans)
    Well Yourself and Messi can look forward to watching him diving and whingeing in the final from the comfort of yer sitting rooms.

Yeah me and Lionel are great pals. I'll have him round for a few Guinnesses with my mates and we can cheer on Ronnie. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I was just pointing out that I have a pain in my brain from watching him dive and moan his way through games.

Granted, he was a dick in the first leg. I pretty much always like to defend him because I think people just have an irrational hatred of the man, but even I wanted to slap him at the Nou Camp. But tonight he appealed to the ref no more than two or three times, and even then never for long. Pretty much every player in the world does that. And can you point out a single dive tonight? Or even an example of him going down easily? He even got elbowed in the face by Milito at one point and didn't even look at the ref.

Fair enough, he brings the abuse on himself sometimes, but did nothing to deserve abuse tonight and IMO such criticism is irrelevant. If anything, people should be praising him for showing a bit more maturity tonight. He was no Carlos Tevez, but he wasn't bad, surely...

Barca (Barca fans)
    Ronaldo through but Messi is the outstanding player

By Pete Oliver

http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballNews/idUKL2910775720080429

MANCHESTER, England, April 29 (Reuters) - According to his peers in England, Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo remains the Premier League's outstanding player but when it comes to the world stage he may still have to bow to Lionel Messi.

It is Ronaldo not Messi who will grace the final of the Champions League after the Portugal international, voted the Player of the Year by his fellow players for the second year running, helped United to overcome Barcelona in their semi-final.

No-one, though, could have done more than Messi to try to influence the second leg at Old Trafford on Tuesday -- apart from Paul Scholes who scored the only goal of United's 1-0 victory.

The 20-year-old Messi, three years Ronaldo's junior, was the outstanding attacking player on show and almost single-handedly led Barcelona's attempt to claw back Scholes's early goal and take the 2006 winners through to Moscow with an away goal.

Though United defended well, they could hardly lay a finger on the bewitching winger who rode tackle after tackle to try to create the decisive opening.

One typically elusive run and shot in the first half had Edwin van der Sar at full stretch to save. Thereafter, the Argentina international picked and probed at the United back line to create openings for team mates which they were unable to take.

Ronaldo's tally of 38 goals this season, including seven in the Champions League, represents an outstanding return and at times he has proved almost untouchable.

The effort of leading United's pursuit of a domestic and European double appears to be taking its toll, however, and while there was no questioning his commitment to the cause in close to 180 minutes since missing an early penalty in the Nou Camp last week he failed to hurt Barcelona.

What he does have, though, is another chance to state his case in Moscow on May 21, while Messi can only watch and wonder.
    James Lawton: Messi sets shining example that Ronaldo must learn to match

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/james-lawton-messi-sets-shining-example-that-ronaldo-must-learn-to-match-818136.html

Last night it was Scholes, and some almost surreal defensive vision from Rio Ferdinand, which kept United alive in the face of the mesmerising facility of Lionel Messi.

Scholes insisted that before the lights of his career go out, he must go to Moscow. Whenever the Argentine prodigy touched the ball, the crowd booed. It wasn't disrespect or displeasure or any accusation of dark intent. It was pure terror, and if it is hard to know how deeply the United players felt the same level of apprehension as Messi bore down on their goal, twisting, biting, and once drawing a fine save from Edwin van der Sar, we could be sure of the value of Scholes' intervention in the 14th minute.

It was a strike from 25 yards, after Gianluca Zambrotta had played the ball off Cristiano Ronaldo's feet into Scholes' path, that did more than bring the Kremlin wall into focus. It broke, for a life-preserving breathing space, the spell of Messi. No one demonstrated the importance of this more than Scholes inside the first minute. Overwhelmed by a combination of speed and guile, Scholes lunged into the tackle. He has never claimed flawlessness in this department of the game and his salvation here was that the crunch came not much more than an inch outside the penalty area.

The implications of a Barça strike on United's psyche were not pretty to contemplate at such an early point of the proceedings and it was as though the entire stadium produced a collective gulp. Messi was that dominant as the focal point of attack in a Barcelona who once again seemed intent on passing United to the verge of a coma. Scholes' strike broke that sense that United were condemned to another night of marking shadows and hoping, against the odds, that something would turn up.

Of course, Scholes turned up with a superb sense of what he had to do. He did it with a beautifully flighted shot that didn't so much lift the pressure as inject new life. Nani twice and quickly had chances to throw Barcelona back on their heels, but each time the chances were missed. It meant that United needed superb defence, especially from Ferdinand and Patrice Evra, who once again was obliged to face down the relentless running and trickery of Messi.

He did it with superb application, if not always with complete success, but as the minutes ticked away the tension so near to a runway to Moscow became so heavy it seemed that United's nerve had never been so stretched, for so long and so desperately, since they won the great trophy against Bayern Munich at Barça's Nou Camp nine years ago.

Messi refused to stop his quest and in stoppage time remained a one-man source of agitation to Ferguson's heart.

Ronaldo? The man whose absence from the vital Premier League challenge at Stamford Bridge caused so much tactical debate, so much questioning of Ferguson's judgement, was in truth not much more than a spectator. If destiny called to him, it found that on this occasion he wasn't at home. However, he lived through the siege of Messi, like all his team-mates,and now he has the chance to decorate his image in the biggest game in club football. George Best, the player with whom the Portuguese is most frequently compared, had a similar opportunity 40 years ago, and he took it with a vital performance.

This is now the obligation on England's footballer of the year. Last night his rival Lionel Messi produced more than 90 minutes of relentless commitment, but he couldn't find the moment that broke United. He threatened it a score of times. He moved with balance and trickery, and if he could have picked up his team and carried it across the line he surely would. But that was beyond him, he did not have the break or the help that at vital moments were so desperately required.

Good articles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Barca (Barca fans)
    Jaysus night your team gets to the CL final, you decide to start an argument that a player who has scored 38 goals this season for your club is overrated.

baffled

Barca (Barca fans)
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Jaysus night your team gets to the CL final, you decide to start an argument that a player who has scored 38 goals this season for your club is overrated.

baffled

I like Ronaldo. What I DON'T like is the Ronaldo hype. People are willing to ignore what is right in front of their eyes it seems.

Why is it OK when supporting Ireland to trash McGeady when he fails to deliver, yet when Ronaldo does likewise for United we're supposed to just ignore it? 38 goals or not that's bullsh*t to me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Man Utd (United fans)
    Hopefully tonight puts to bed any argument with regards to Messi and Ronaldo. Messi was absolutely incredible, one of the best attacking performances ive ever seen from a winger, every single time he got the ball he was attacking the defence, if only 1 or 2 more of them had his heart then it would be Barca in the final. Everyone in the pub was shouting abuse at Ronaldo, i think deep down all United fans know what a príck he is. Some of his sulking tonight was ridiculous. Tevez was definitely Uniteds best player IMO, never gave up running but please remember that this is what Kuyt does every week and gets slated for.

But well done to United, they were dominated all match(IMO) but held firm at the back and done what mattered by putting the ball in the net. Now hopefully we get past Chelsea tomorrow night to set up the dream final for us and the nightmare final for Moscow and UEFA.

Barca (Barca fans)
    Messi was fantastic, except he couldn't get anything from it. His final ball wasn't good enough. Dribbling alone doesn't make a player. His dribbling tonight was absolutely unreal, like outstanding, but his final ball wasn't anywhere near good enough. That said, he's still coming back from injury so it's unfair to judge him on tonight, but it's stupid to draw conclusions from it.

Ronaldo did a job for us tonight. He played up front on his own. How would messi have done up front on his own I'm not sure, but we never actually saw that.

Ronaldo never actually got to play in his favoured right wing position tonight, instead he did a job for the team, and played up front on his own! He chased down defenders (not as much as Tevez but enough to defend from the front) broke behind the defence a couple of times, and as I said already, the fact that he was double marked led to our goal.

Messi put in a great performance with no end product. Ronaldo put in a professional performance which was part of a team effort. Which team won?
    Messi was probably the better player over the two legs in terms of general play, but in terms of end product Ronaldo had him. Is that surprising? Nope.

Also the idea that Ronaldo is a prick is just silly. He may be an arrogant ****er, and may moan and dive on the pitch, but off the pitch he has always seemed to be incredibly nice, considered towards fans, and an all round nice guy. He's just the give people love to hate. Sure for the last 2 years, every single away game the entire stadium have boo'd him :)

Well Yourself and Messi can look forward to watching him diving and whingeing in the final from the comfort of yer sitting rooms

Nobody likes a bad winner.

Barca (Barca fans)
    Anyone else think the ref was fantastic tonight? Not a decision wrong in the whole game I think? After that game he's likely to get to ref the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have never celebrated a goal as much as i did for Scholsey tonight - sheer beauty.:)

I thought we got our gameplan spot on and everyone put in an incredible shift. Last summer my number 1 wish was to get Tevez...and tonight showed why. He is an increduble talent allied with a surreal workrate.
    Back 4 were astonishing too and should be lauded by one and all. If an Italian backline put in that sort of performance they would be eulogised to the hilt....especially by the RTE lads, yet all Dunphy can muster through gritted teeth was that 'Ferdinand did ok, won some headers'. WTF like!!? He's the best defender in the world and it's disgraceful that Dunphy can't recognise this and talk him up like he has previous greats like Nesta/Cannavaro.
    Dunphy also said 'Carrick and Park were 'very, very, very poor'...astonishing really:eek:, I'll leave it at that.

Finally....Ji Sung Park. He was our best midfielder tonight and a personal favourite of mine. You do all realise he will certainly start in the final?
    PHB wrote: »
    Anyone else think the ref was fantastic tonight? Not a decision wrong in the whole game I think? After that game he's likely to get to ref the final.

Ye, he's a good ref as I stated on Utd thread yesterday.

He reffed last years final though so I presume that rules him out this year?

Man Utd (United fans)

Barca (Barca fans)

Messi put in a great performance with no end product. Ronaldo put in a professional performance which was part of a team effort. Which team won?
    Messi was probably the better player over the two legs in terms of general play, but in terms of end product Ronaldo had him. Is that surprising? Nope.
    Sorry but how exactly did Ronaldo have Messi in terms of end product? Neither of them produced end product.

No amount of spin is going to change the fact that Messi was the better of the two over the two legs

Ronaldo tonight:

14th minute: Made the run which led to Yaya Toure coming over to double mark him, Zambrotta ****ed up, Scholes had the space, bang.

20th minute: Got in behind the Barca defence, squared it back for Park only for him to miss narrowly wide

52nd minute: Put a great ball back into the box only for Nani to fluff the chance completely.

56th minute: Recieved the 1-2 with Tevez, playing him right back in for him to have a shot on goal

59th minute: Broke with Nani playing a one two which resulted in Nani getting a chance to shoot (and then blasting over shockingly)

Infact the only noteworthy United attack that didn't involve him was Parks ball into Nani, which if you watch carefully, you'd notice that Ronaldo was sitting in order to, and I know this is absolutely nuts, cover the space left by Evra.

Ronaldo didn't set the world alight. But in the first game Ronaldo should have had 3 penalties . In this game he played as the lone striker and he set up his teammates for at least one sitter and one decent chance, and was directly involved in the goal (albeit with a bit of luck) He didn't win the game on his own like he's done for us most of the season, but I'll take those performances against probably the 3rd best club in Europe every time

What was Mr. Alans phrase? The most effective player in the world right now?
    Messi was gorgeous to watch, no doubt about it, but there was nothing to show for it bar one shot which was weak at VDS's goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Ronnie and Messi weren't the only players on the field.

What about Wes Brown against the entire Barcelona frontline?

What about how poor Iniesta, Xavi (funny the way that guy had 'watch him destroy utd and then promptly changed it and said nothing), Puyol, Abidal are supposedly some of the best players in their positions, just like Ronnie and Messi. These guys played the ball well sometimes but are useless when put under pressure. How many stray balls were let fly by these guys in the first half?

I'm just saying, surely there are more talking points! :)

Predhead wrote: »
    What about how poor Iniesta, Xavi (funny the way that guy had 'watch him destroy utd and then promptly changed it and said nothing)

OH RLY?

I'll just direct you to this post I made at 22.08
    How man misplaced passes did the likes of Deco, Iniesta and even Xavi have tonight? Far too many.

Nice one on reading the thread though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eZe^ wrote: »
    Fairplay to United... United proved that with a solid defense and great spirit you can win games. For all Barca's possession and big name players, they didn't have enough cutting edge, United's defense is actually one of the most solid defenses I've seen in the past 10 years. Absolutely gutted. :(

Still though, no shame in losing to the best side in Europe this season. Fairplay.... :(:(:(:(

Good losers.
    KERPAL wrote: »
    We Did It Boys We ****ing Did It

U-n-i-t-e-d United Are The Team For Me
    With A Knick Nack Paddy Wack Give The Dog A Bone
    Why Dont Barca **** Off Home

Bad winners.

This thread is exactly as stupid as I would have expected. Ah well.

Advertisement