Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Liverpool (2nd leg)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Chelsea deserved to win last night,Liverpool was awfull,only i am sorry Chelsea wont get trophy coz United will beat them:D

:rolleyes:

Is this your first post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

DesF wrote: »
    English isn't the dude's first language man.

Cheerfully withdrawn :D sorry he had called Liverpool liverpoll the first time, i was joking, not having a dig! I'm just narky and hangedover today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    gucci wrote: »
    as is your spelling

Any problems mate?

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    spockety wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Is this your first post?

You have posts counter bellow your nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Any problems mate?

countless, but as iv said none with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Liverpool
    delija, calm down.

Don't reply to the people trying to have a go at you.

It'll lead to an easier life.

Don't take things so personally either. ;)

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    No i am fine,just dont get why people taking everything so serious like taking spelling mistakes while i was typing too fast so i didnt saw i made them,its all cool mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool
    RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Only one fight left for Liverpool this season - and it ain't on the pitch. Ultimately it will be a more important fight.
    redspider wrote: »
    I dont think any observer worth their salt would conclude that Chelsea clearly deserved it. It was far from a country mile of a gap. Liverpool deserved to win the 1st leg, and last night Chelsea shaded the 2nd. So adding both legs together, there was little to separate them. If anything, Liverpool may have shaded it on chances. Attempts on goal and clear-cut chances were about even over the 2 legs.

The key differentiator, and Riise will also know this, was his og. Liverpool were deserving of a 2-0 in the first leg, which ended up a 1-1. That changed the tie completely. If the 1st leg would have ended 2-0 or 1-0, then we would be probably talking now about Liverpool being in their 3rd final in 4 years.

But that's football, the gap between success and failure sometimes is slim.

Redspider

Agree 100% with both of these posts. The financial future of the club is a bigger issue right now than anything else and is where my attention as a fan will now turn. Just as I was nervously hoping and praying for things to go our way against Chelsea - I'll now be anxiously awaiting a positive outcome from the business dealings behind the whole thing.

At the end of the day, Chelsea were better last night. But to suggest that Chelsea were 'great' and Liverpool were 'awful' smacks of analysis that is immature, reactionary and heavily results based. A couple of kicks here and there, and we would be in Moscow. Just as a couple of kicks here and there in the previous two semi - finals and Chelsea would have been in the finals both times. Sigh. I'm done reading and thinking about it. Life goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

No i am fine,just dont get why people taking everything so serious like taking spelling mistakes while i was typing too fast so i didnt saw i made them,its all cool mate
    dont woory about it, poeple on here be grumpy after the match, of football, that i was once is.

• Advertisement

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    Its all cool mate i understand situation

Not all of us have problems with your spelling, for me it was the content of your post that was a load of me @rse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,703 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

dont woory about it, poeple on here be grumpy after the match, of football, that i was once is.

Don't think English is his first language mate, So unless it's "Boards now we're Racist" - Lay off a bit, good lad.

Liverpool
    Was there actually any call for this?:rolleyes:

Small minded people have no place around here tbh.

So, the dude's English isn't up to Joycean standards. OH NOES!!oneeleven!!11two

What'll we do?

BURN 'EM.

Boggles wrote: »
    Don't think English is his first language mate, So unless it's "Boards now we're Racist" - Lay off a bit, good lad.
    I fail to see where racism comes into anything.

I fail to see where racism comes into anything.

I'd say that could be your problem, just apologise to the fella and move on.

• Advertisement

I'd say that could be your problem, just apologise to the fella and move on.
    You're saying that I am a racist?

You're saying that I am a racist?

Jesus :rolleyes:

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    Not all of us have problems with your spelling, for me it was the content of your post that was a load of me @rse.

I apologise if my post offended you

Jesus :rolleyes:
    Perhaps I misinterpreted you.

I assumed in your response "I'd say that could be your problem", you were using the demonstrative pronoun "that" to refer to "racism". Of course judging by your eloquent reply, I take it you were referring to my failure to identify where racism came into this discussion.

These kind of misunderstandings can be avoided through formation of clear and intelligible posts. Such is the nature of this medium.

So assuming that you were referring to my failure to identify why race was an issue, I take it you don't wish to qualify your remark. In which case I will merely say I don't think my kind words, coupled with a gentle teasing require apologies to be made.

No need to apologise mate, some people are just arsé holes, I'm sure you have them in your country too.

• Advertisement

Liverpool
    No need to apologise mate, some people are just arsé holes, I'm sure you have them in your country too.
    Seriously. I wouldn't piss this guy off.

De-li-ja, Woah-oh Oh,
    De-li-ja, Woah-oh Oh,
    He comes from Se-bi-a
    He'll fúkcin' murder ya!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Like the CL final goal last year? Like the goal against Inter? Like the 2 goals against Arsenal? Like his 7 CL goals this year?Like his goal against Chelsea? Like his two goals in the derby?

Dirk Kuyt is a big game player and i think there is a place for him at Liverpool.

Big game player my hoop, where was he last night? Where has he been for the 30 odd league games he's played against 'lesser' teams? I'd say if you did a straw poll with defenders in the PL about how hard it was to play against this lad it would turn up some interesting answers ;) As for the derby I seem to remember him chopping down Hibbert(?) and was lucky to still be on the pitch for the 2nd pen. It was a forwards tackle though, as the saying goes.

Seriously mate if you genuinely believe this lad has a place in your team and that hes a decent player then your blinkers are even stronger than I gave them credit for, even more amusing for a non-pool fan for you to actually want this lad in your team, classic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Liverpool
    I've gone back a fair bit in the thread but I can't see anything concrete.

Was there anything official said about why fernando tosserz was taken off?

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)

Yeah,a lot,but anyway dont like confrontations with anyone,not here to fight at all

It didn't offend me at all, I just thought you didn't exactly make a good point.

"Chelsea deserved to win last night,Liverpool was awful,only i am sorry Chelsea wont get trophy coz United will beat them"

Liverpool were hardly awful, they went down fighting and had great spells in the 2nd half. They scored 2 goals at Stamford Bridge when the pre-match talk was that they hadn't scored there since Bruno Cheyrou. They were 1 goal away from the Champions League final and they were hardly steam rolled by Chelsea.

To say that they were awful made me wonder if you even watched the match at all?

ntlbell wrote: »
    ...fernando tosserz...

I see what you did there. That's a truly inspired play on words. Flann O'Brien would've been proud. Maybe you could get a column in the Irish Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liverpool
    Anyone else LOVE the soccer forum the day after Champions League games? Great craic altogether!

I've gone back a fair bit in the thread but I can't see anything concrete.

Was there anything official said about why fernando tosserz was taken off?

Hamstring problem.

Oh, and it's Torres, not Tosserz. Isn't it against the forum charter to do that?

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    Seriously. I wouldn't piss this guy off.

De-li-ja, Woah-oh Oh,
    De-li-ja, Woah-oh Oh,
    He comes from Se-bi-a
    He'll fúkcin' murder ya!
    :)

Hehehe,yeah,dont mess with me:D
    Oh its Serbia and not Sebia,you cant speak english good enough,shame you,you dont know to spell it good:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    Sizzler, i dont really get your point, because he didnt do it last night he is not a big game player? interesting, must keep that in mind for future games-and other players!

didnt say i want him in the team starting week in week out.

but i want him in the squad, most definately.

he has scored more goals in big games this season, than other players in contention for world player of the year, have in their entire career.

He has been in excellent form since Christmas, and was suffering at the start of the season due to the death of his father.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Anyone else LOVE the soccer forum the day after Champions League games? Great craic altogether!
    Its like swimming upstream in a river of feces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

These kind of misunderstandings can be avoided through formation of clear and intelligible posts. Such is the nature of this medium.

So assuming that you were referring to my failure to identify why race was an issue, I take it you don't wish to qualify your remark. In which case I will merely say I don't think my kind words, coupled with a gentle teasing require apologies to be made.

So what was clear and intelligent about the first post there? You may have been engaging in some 'gentle teasing', but that is or was not clear. On first look, it just looks like you are being horrible to the guy cause his english isn't great.

Liverpool
    Oh its Serbia and not Sebia,you cant speak english good enough,shame you,you dont know to spell it good:D;)
    :eek::eek:

lol

Nice one delija, I like you. Stick around. :)

Chelsea (Chealsea Fans)
    It didn't offend me at all, I just thought you didn't exactly make a good point.

"Chelsea deserved to win last night,Liverpool was awful,only i am sorry Chelsea wont get trophy coz United will beat them"

Liverpool were hardly awful, they went down fighting and had great spells in the 2nd half. They scored 2 goals at Stamford Bridge when the pre-match talk was that they hadn't scored there since Bruno Cheyrou. They were 1 goal away from the Champions League final and they were hardly steam rolled by Chelsea.

To say that they were awful made me wonder if you even watched the match at all?

Yeah i did watch it.I was just a bit ironic and kidding,dont take it so serious,although i understand you all feel bad today,anyway i wanted rather Liverpool in final than Chelsea so acctually i was a bit pissed about last night coz they just didnt played so good as they can so i said they played awful,too hard word i admit

Tauren wrote: »
    So what was clear and intelligent about the first post there?

I said not to worry about it, that some posters were likely to be grumpy following the match, and the various crap spoken. I think even with the inserted mistakes and errors, that was clear. His reply suggested as much.
    You may have been engaging in some 'gentle teasing', but that is or was not clear not clear. On first look, it just looks like you are being horrible to the guy cause his english isn't great.

Even if I was being "horrible", I fail to see how that was small minded or racist. I assume if he's from Serbia that he's Caucasian, in which case, I'm either a self-hating Caucasian, or I'm not racist. Small minded? Maybe insinuating that people from Serbia are murderers could be seen in that light. My post? I think it would be a stretch.

Liverpool
    Small minded? Maybe insinuating that people from Serbia are murderers could be seen in that light. My post? I think it would be a stretch.
    You crack me up.

I was parodying a song sung by Manchester United supporters about their own Serbian, Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Sizzler, i dont really get your point, because he didnt do it last night he is not a big game player? interesting, must keep that in mind for future games-and other players!

didnt say i want him in the team starting week in week out.

but i want him in the squad, most definately.

he has scored more goals in big games this season, than other players in contention for world player of the year, have in their entire career.

He has been in excellent form since Christmas, and was suffering at the start of the season due to the death of his father.
    The aul big game player argument is a dunphy special, Ronaldo goes missing in some games (for example) but I think we could live with it in the scheme of things. Darren Fletcher scored 2 goals against Arsenal in the FA Cup back in Feb, does that make him a big game player ? JOS scored at Anfield last year, is he a big game player? You get the drift ;)

You should set up a poll and give people a selection of players who they would take from Liverpool and see how Kuyt fairs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Liverpool
    Melion wrote: »
    Monaco, Deportivo, Olympiakos, Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea, Milan, Betis, Anderlecht, Chelsea again, PSV, Bordeaux, Galatasaray, Barcelona, PSV again, Chelsea yet again, Marseille, Porto, Besiktas, Inter, Arsenal. How the fúck is it luck to beat all of them?

I think Liverpool's luck deserted them last night and they were beaten fair and square. The myth that Liverpool are better than Chelsea should now be put to bed.

You crack me up.

I was parodying a song sung by Manchester United supporters about their own Serbian, Vidic.
    I doubt Weird Al Yankovic will feel the searing heat of competition on the back of his neck.

• Advertisement

I said not to worry about it, that some posters were likely to be grumpy following the match, and the various crap spoken. I think even with the inserted mistakes and errors, that was clear. His reply suggested as much.

Even if I was being "horrible", I fail to see how that was small minded or racist. I assume if he's from Serbia that he's Caucasian, in which case, I'm either a self-hating Caucasian, or I'm not racist. Small minded? Maybe insinuating that people from Serbia are murderers could be seen in that light. My post? I think it would be a stretch.

race can refer to nationality - not just skin colour.

No it can't.

Pal wrote: »
    I think Liverpool's luck deserted them last night and they were beaten fair and square. The myth that Liverpool are better than Chelsea should now be put to bed.

What myth? I don't remember anybody saying Liverpool were better than Chelsea.

What Liverpool have shown is that they are capable of taking Chelsea on, can score against them, and in the case of their last 2 Champions League encounters prior to this one, capable of putting them to the sword in terms of progression to the final.

Chelsea's squad is the envy of everyone, it's not in dispute?

Liverpool
    No it can't.

He's right. You can call it bigotry though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Liverpool
    Hamstring problem.

Oh, and it's Torres, not Tosserz. Isn't it against the forum charter to do that?

What? to have dyslexia?

No it can't.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/race

race
    –noun
    1. a group of persons related by common descent or heredity.
    2. a population so related.
    4. a group of tribes or peoples forming an ethnic stock: the Slavic race.
    5. any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race.

• Advertisement

What? to have dyslexia?

Hahahahah! :)

Liverpool
    I doubt Weird Al Yankovic will feel the searing heat of competition on the back of his neck.
    I'm sure he is.
    Nah, it's called Xenophobia.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He's right. You can call it bigotry though

Or Xenophobia, ethnic nationalism etc.

However, I would be hugely presumptuous to label my original post with any of those terms. Its an all too easy card to pull in any discussion that involves someone of a different ethnic background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thought this was a football forum... Its not full of people like Reactor is it? Im not saying this to get a ban, just wondering if most threads get de-railed like this

Liverpool
    roryc wrote: »
    Thought this was a football forum... Its not full of people like Reactor is it? Im not saying this to get a ban, just wondering if most threads get de-railed like this

Nah only threads involving United and Liverpool. The rest are all nice and peaceful (well, bar the odd eircom league debate!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement