Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs. Liverpool (2nd leg)

1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Liverpool (Liverpool fans)
    Very true, Chelsea fans have had dark times, the headhunters etc., but that culture is dead in english football, and I think that is very obvious when you see the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, it's all families as the yobbos can no longer afford the tickets, I also think the segregation of the Shed has cut the skangers out too, but unfortunately has killed the atmos at the Bridge, stupid move IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

As has been said scum is scum regardless. I've gotten abuse wearing a chelsea jersey and I've seen abuse been given to others. Those are just to$$ers who use footie as an excuse to bring out their trash side.

Most people in this country just have good banter. Yesterday I was getting stuck into the pool contingent here in the office but make no mistake about it had the result been the other way I'd have had to take it and thats all fair. You can't give it unless you can take it.
    As i said not many Chelsea fans here because of there fans history
    Do you want to clarify that? I can't say I knew anything about the CHH when I was a kid picking my team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Liverpool
    iregk wrote: »
    As has been said scum is scum regardless. I've gotten abuse wearing a chelsea jersey and I've seen abuse been given to others. Those are just to$$ers who use footie as an excuse to bring out their trash side.

Most people in this country just have good banter. Yesterday I was getting stuck into the pool contingent here in the office but make no mistake about it had the result been the other way I'd have had to take it and thats all fair. You can't give it unless you can take it.
    +1

I was in a pub with two Chelsea friends on Wednesday evening, sat right under the TV, with the rest of the pub behind us.

There was great banter between the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

iregk wrote: »
    Do you want to clarify that? I can't say I knew anything about the CHH when I was a kid picking my team...
    Not many older Chelsea fans up here in Derry as Chelsea has always been linked with Linfield and Rangers

I'm guessing this is what he's referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Very true, Chelsea fans have had dark times, the headhunters etc., but that culture is dead in english football, and I think that is very obvious when you see the atmosphere at Stamford Bridge, it's all families as the yobbos can no longer afford the tickets, I also think the segregation of the Shed has cut the skangers out too, but unfortunately has killed the atmos at the Bridge, stupid move IMHO

Misinformed. Ken Bates during the 90's issued life banning orders on all of the CHH. Nothing to do with affording it as where Chelsea is situated in london is actually a well off area and most fans have quite a bit of cash floating about. Sure the most expensive ticket in English football is at stamford bridge. 5k a season for the middle tier on the east stand and always has been that way.

The worst thing they did to the bridge in my opinion, and I only sit in the shed, is dual tiering the shed. When rebuilding it they build that stupid hotel and made it 2 tier, this should have been one large tier ala the way the kop was rebuilt. Maybe its also where I sit but I've never had a bad athmosphere while over there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement