Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Quick Questions about Kilkenny City

Options
  • 27-04-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Looking for some info regarding good spots in Kilkenny City for the following on a Monday and Tuesday:

* Best bars/nightclubs on Mon and Tues? (Ive heard Langtons is an overpriced kip ..... some suggestions for a bar crawl with a great club to finish would be ideal ;))

* Best restaurant? A good steak restaurant would be great or anything similar

* Are there any good comedy clubs open on Monday or Tuesday?

All of the above is for 3 lads in late 20's

Any other info thats relevant would be good too

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

* Best bars/nightclubs on Mon and Tues? (Ive heard Langtons is an overpriced kip ..... some suggestions for a bar crawl with a great club to finish would be ideal ;))

Langtons is an overcrowded and overpriced kip. But ultimately, it's down to personal preference. That and the fact that it's practically the only club open on a Tues. None open on a Monday as far as I know? Monday and Tuesday are bad nights to come down as places are generally empty. There are exceptions: (These suggestions do not represent the views of the author :pac:)

Monday
    Matt The Millers. Does be jammed pack on a Monday night. Live bands.
    You could try Morrisey's where they have a pool table and there will be a few people in there.

Tuesday
    Paris Texas. Trad night in the form of Uisce Beatha.
    Langtons. Only club open? (Open to corrections)
    I also think Morrison's do a live gig on a Tues?

Generally speaking, I wouldn't be bothered going to any of the aforementioned
    pubs/clubs (except maybe the trad night about four times a year..) but you as said, it's down to personal preference.

Would definitely recommend Ripleys. It's a steak house to be found on Kierans St.

Not that I'm aware of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

All of the above is for 3 lads in late 20's

Any other info thats relevant would be good too

Cheers

The bars are just down to preference really... i cant say i go out in kilkenny althought i spend alot of time round kilkenny..

Best Restaurant.. Ripleys is supposed to be amazing.. but pricey..
    Kytlers Inn is nice for the authentic medievil feel.. and if you go to the restaurant you can get into Neros (the Club) for free!!

and if theres any Comedy clubs in kilkenny i'd love to hear about them!!

maybe you should wait until the Cat Laughs Comedy Festival at the beginning of June??

and if you get really bored theres Whispers.. the lapdancing club on Parliament street!! That would put away a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

KatCookie wrote: »
    Kytlers Inn is nice for the authentic medievil feel.. and if you go to the restaurant you can get into Neros (the Club) for free!!

Am pretty sure Neros is closed at the moment.

Advertisement