Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaun Maloney or Aidan McGeady

• 27-04-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭

Both have won the double player of the year awards in Scotland, but comparing the two, who was the overall better player for Celtic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

From what I can see, Maloney is more of a maestro, while McGeady is about the trickery and flair.

I think its unfair to compare them. They both have strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

From what I can see, Maloney is more of a maestro, while McGeady is about the trickery and flair.

I think its unfair to compare them. They both have strengths.
    They're both going to flop in England too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Maloney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

In before Eirebhoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,346 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

McGeady although I did love seeing Maloney paly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

McGeady. If I had to pick one of them to have, it would be McGeady, although I liked having Maloney in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Maloney is a perennial supersub at Villa. someone to bring on when you need a bit of magic. Think Mcgeady is more an orthodox winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

They are players with different attributes and styles, so a direct comparison is not easy. I think if I was a manager at a club I would prefer to sign McGeady as he provides a great attacking outlet/option and can create.

I havent seen enough of Maloney lately and his 'star' has fallen somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I always felt Maloney was vastly over rated.

I reckon McGeady has the potential to be a great player if he ups his consistancy rate.
    So probably McGeady......

Not that id really want to sign any of them....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

As a Villa fan i wouldn't mind swapping Maloney for McGeady. As Maloney just hasn't settled. Has a player from Scottish league in the last few years ever done anything in the PL apart from Larsson.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

tomred1 wrote: »
    As a Villa fan i wouldn't mind swapping Maloney for McGeady. As Maloney just hasn't settled. Has a player from Scottish league in the last few years ever done anything in the PL apart from Larsson.

You don't like Petrov either then?

PauloMN wrote: »
    You don't like Petrov either then?

Not really but he has been doing ok for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

tomred1 wrote: »
    Larsson did very little in the PL

I know he only had 6 months but he stilll managed a few goals at 36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

He cut it in the best league in the world (la liga) and also had a big hand in winning Barca the european cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

McGeady but I really like Maloney too...

Advertisement