Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

artwork in itunes

• 27-04-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭

lads im having problem with trying to get music artwork for my iphone using itunes

i have around 9 albums on my iphone and can't get any high quality artwork

why can't itunes get the artwork for me

my newest album is the foo fighters Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

at least itunes should be able to get that for me

i have an account with itunes

its strange ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I've found that the album name your files are tagged with must explicitly match those iTunes features or else you won't get your artwork.

If you want better artwork, I suggest some manual intervention! Do an image search for high-res album covers. Select all the album tracks in iTunes and choose to edit their properties. Drag the album cover to the little box for the cover and make sure it's ticked to apply it to all album tracks. Monotonous, I know, but having proper album covers makes it all worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

ethernet wrote: »
    Drag the album cover to the little box for the cover and make sure it's ticked to apply it to all album tracks.

DAMMIT i did this a month ago and never ticked the damn box now ive to go through 10gb of music AGAIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

before you do anything, go to 'advanced' & 'get album artwork'.

This should get all but the most obscure...

Hi,

I don't use ITunes or any other prog to organize my music, don't trust any of em.

I use MP3 Tag, free prog, and then go to discogs and download the relevant artwork and make sure all the tags are relevant to the info on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ive always used Mediamonkey which tags my music.

But it doesn't appear to be able to detect my new iPhone? Tell me it aint true .... i dinnae wanna change media player. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Can any one recommend a programme that tags the music in 'My Music' folder, because itunes tags them within the programme and i want the original MP3s taged???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

finally got the artwork going on my iphone now i have another question;)

how do i get the music videos going without use of a computer

i tried using my iphone itunes feature but i couldn't find the videos just the music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

finally got the artwork going on my iphone now i have another question;)

how do i get the music videos going without use of a computer

i tried using my iphone itunes feature but i couldn't find the videos just the music
    I don't think we get videos on iTunes (bar music vids). You'll have to find your own content, convert to mp4, add to iTunes library and sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

ethernet wrote: »
    I don't think we get videos on iTunes (bar music vids). You'll have to find your own content, convert to mp4, add to iTunes library and sync.

Can you recommend a (preferably free!) mp4 converter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Videora seems to be the best for converting
    http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

• Advertisement
Advertisement