Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gta comedy club info - spoilers within

• 27-04-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw a link to this on his official web-page.
    Grand Theft Auto IV stars Ricky Gervais

Ricky Gervais, writer of The Office and Extras, is to appear in Grand Theft Auto IV's Liberty City Comedy Club.

The comedian will perform three minutes of new material, as well as some jokes from his recent sell-out "Fame" tour.

"It's a first - which always interests me," he said. "It's seriously a big deal, though. Games have outsold Hollywood for the past few years so it's nice to be a small part of that." The Comedy Club is one of several extracurricular activities introduced in GTA IV, as well as bowling, darts and drinking.

Gervais, talking to London's Shortlist magazine, said that he appears elsewhere in the game too, but refused to tell fans where. He also spoke briefly about filming: "It was shot in New York, and I got to wear a tight lycra suit as part of the digital process," he said. "That wasn't so good."

The comic is not the first star to feature in a Grand Theft Auto game: drummer Phil Collins played the target of an assassination attempt in Vice City Stories. And rapper Snoop Dogg, meanwhile, has also featured in True Crime: Streets of LA, while Bill Clinton was a “secret” star of NBA Jam: Tournament Edition.

Grand Theft Auto IV will also feature legendary Chanel designer Karl Lagerfeld, who appears as a DJ on one of the in-game radio stations. According to reports, "DJ Karl" will be playing electronica and disco tracks on the K109 The Studio radio channel, and peppers his set with quick-fire commentary. The 74-year-old fashion icon tells listeners that he is "keeping things moving with the music that liberated all of us, taught us we were all the same, showed us that computers were our friends".

Grand Theft Auto IV, the latest installment in the long-running franchise, hits shops on April 29, and charts the fortunes of Eastern European immigrant and wannabe gangster Niko. For the first time ever, it will also allow fans of the series to compete in online multiplayer missions across the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

might be worth editing your thread title for those who wish to remain spoiler-free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Seriously man, thanks for the f*cking spoiler warning!!! I am so pissed off right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

m83 wrote: »
    Seriously man, thanks for the f*cking spoiler warning!!! I am so pissed off right now.

Jesus, it's not as if it's after blowing the complete game wide open or anything.
    So you now know RG has a part in a comedy club. Big deal.

Granted a spoiler tag should have been used but your post is a bit OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, relax for fecks sake!

Wasn't aware it was a spoiler.. did I spoil plot details?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

definetely a need to relax there! I thought the fact that gervais had a slot in the comedy club was pretty much common knowledge at this point. At least, I remember hearing about it at least a month ago. A spoiler would have been if the transcript of his three minute set had been posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

GTA4 is a game? ARGH. Spoiler tag plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

In the film Titanic, the ship sinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

So it's not really a spolier but the title still gets changed? Gimme a break. Fact of the matter is that this surprise in the game is now ruined for me. That'll be 70 bucks please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

So it's not really a spolier but the title still gets changed? Gimme a break. Fact of the matter is that this surprise in the game is now ruined for me. That'll be 70 bucks please.

the second post (by me) points to a possible need to change the title. your reaction made me change it myself.

your reaction is OTT by miles. i can understand it's annoying if you were avoiding spoilers, but two days before the release you can hardly expect to visit any website/forum and not get some sort of spoiler fed to you.

on top of that, this is not new news. i knew this last week. i wouldn't necessarily call it a spoiler as it doesn't add or take away anything from the story or reveal anything new about the game mechanics. in fact, it's probably one of those parts of GTA that you could easily not even notice when playing (i.e. i doubt rockstar made a 30minute set you're forced to watch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

You realy want 70 euro for it? Are you serious or taking the piss? I hope it is the latter, otherwise the idiocy of it all is too much to comprehend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Please god let it be possible to shot him.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Overreaction of the month goes to you. Congratulations
    Please god let it be possible to shot him.:D

That would be pretty neat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The amount of idiots in this GTA forum lately is unprecedented, see here also http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055283155

Advertisement