Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of whats blocked/strangled on NTL

Options
  • 27-04-2008 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, moving to Galway in a few weeks and am unfortunately on the Barna exchange which means no Smart. So I'm going NTL, on their 6meg package with TV and phone thrown in. May move to the 12mb quickly tho.

Exactly what do they block/restrict? I've seen the thread about torrent traffic shaping, I'm not a heavy BT user, only really for music (legal promo mixes only BTW). Although full speed would be good, 40kb/s would do me for that as I'd leave the PC on overnight.

What else do they block? I hear last.fm and some other stuff. Do they block Usenet? Thats one thing I use a bit.

Anyone got a list? Thx :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,623 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

What else do they block? I hear last.fm and some other stuff. Do they block Usenet? Thats one thing I use a bit.

Anyone got a list? Thx :)

I Never found any sites blocked, i just checked, and last.fm open ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Never had a problem accessing last.fm and I've been using it since it was audioscrobbler...
    I've never had any problems with sites being blocked, torrents throttled etc

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I use UseNext with no issues on NTL. BT's can be very slow during the day, but are OK during the night, but I don't use BT much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Nintendo Wii online appears not to work although it is unclear at this stage if this is a problem with NTL, Nintendo or the router NTL provide.

Check the Nintendo forums for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You have a router? Moslty UPC supplies only a modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

watty wrote: »
    You have a router? Moslty UPC supplies only a modem.

They have been giving away a free wireless router with the top of the line package on and off for some time now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

See above and you can buy one from them when signing up on the other packages for 30 or 40 euro or something. I've asked the people having problems if they have all bought the router because one or two people have reported that it works for them.

Advertisement