Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona GP

• 27-04-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Good race i thought, what an impact Hekki had with the tire wall!!!

As a Ferrari fan im pleased.

Is Renaults new pace for real do you think? Would have been good to see them last, could judge it better then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Wasn't bad for Barcelona i suppose .. usually a boring race.

Alonso did a great qualy lap and the car must be better than it was but probably still behind the top 3 or 4 teams. Pity about the reliability.

Bad smash for Kovalainen .. lucky he didnt break a leg or something.

Coulthard ? Is that the 3rd time in a row someone has hit him trying to get by ?

I reckon Ferrari were just taking it easy in the end .. i dont think Hamilton had any chance of catching Massa really.

Roll on Turkey ... and some rain .. I cant wait to see these '08 cars in the rain !!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Nice race to watch, top 5 wasn't exciting. Too bad for heidfeld he had to pit while the pit was closed. I'm wondering how Alonso will do the next race, he qualified light i guess, but the pace was there. Just has to keep the engine going in turkey.

Marco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Havel

yeah, there always seems to be crashes when people try to over-take DC, the mirrors are crap i admit but it happens an awful lot with him, maybe its his fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Yes as a Ferrarri fan also, i too am pleased. I would be worried about the BMW's however. They seem very reliable this year.
    Robert Kubica, is the main threat. Hami and RB will have a good battle this year.
    The McLaren, will also improve later this year and Hami will come good yet. (I am not a Hami fan but I recognise his talent). I think I dis-like his father more than him.
    Anyway, a long way to go yet but i was deighted to see my man Kimi take victory.
    One thing that amazed me during one of his post race interviews was when he said that "it is very difficult to overtake here so pole position is a must. You also need a very good start". (or something to that affect)
    To me, he meant that he had to get pole and a good start to win the race. He also said that he won races this year but not from pole. He had to get pole in this race to win.
    Is he that good that he can turn it on when he wants to?
    Another thing.
    Why is everyone so hard on Masa? He is not a bad driver and he is well up in the Championship too. He wouldn't be my favorite driver but to listen to the shower on ITV, you would think that he shouldn't be racing at all!!

Kimi has called Barcelona the most perfect race weekend of his career, both himself and team were as close to perfect as you can be.
    I think Masa has pace too, he is given a bad deal. Its not always his fault when things go wrong, he's been unlucky.
    I worry about BMW too, not so much this year but for next year.
    I hate Hamilton, he lacks class, yeah he's got speed, but no class. Examples would be his lack of respect for Alonso, and that "monkeys" comment about the lower end of the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Havel wrote: »
    I hate Hamilton, he lacks class, yeah he's got speed, but no class. Examples would be his lack of respect for Alonso, and that "monkeys" comment about the lower end of the grid.

Yeah, it's been re-hashed a million times but I do get a little angry when I think about the way Alonso was treated last year by McLaren, by the British press and even by Hamilton himself (snide remarks about who they'd prefer to win).

Not TOO sorry for him mind - he's a mega-rich, uber-talented 26-year old who has 2 WDCs and presumably could have any woman he wanted in the whole of Spain...

pburns wrote: »

Not TOO sorry for him mind - he's a mega-rich, uber-talented 26-year old who has 2 WDCs and presumably could have any woman he wanted in the whole of Spain...

Suddenly i hate him, why don't I have these things? Maybe its got something to do with the fact i can't drive a F1 car, but still, would be nice

Advertisement