Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratches and a lil rust

Options
  • 27-04-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering can anyone recommend something to use to just give these guys a seeing to? Their tiny except for the bit where there's grey gunk on it, that's maybe 60mm tall and is leftover gunk from something that was used to buff the van before I bought it and it dried in:o

I have a scratch cream but haven't tried it yet as I'm not sure if it'll do more damage then good?

Any feedback appreciated :)

82290371kc2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Wire brush, sander, rust remover, primer, filler, sand, paint ...

In that order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

see it's not even worth all that effort, they are tiny! any quick (lazy man) solutions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The more brutal approach is get an angle grinder, tenderly and carefully grind off the affected area, dab a bit of primer on it and some paint a day later.

Will last max one year before the rust is back, plus you see the grinder marks.

But can be done in 5 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah sure I might just leave it, for a 6 year old van to have only these little marks is pretty good going :)

Advertisement