Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel lying??

Options
  • 27-04-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

hi,

think this is about the most suitable forum.

I was booking a weekend in hotel in galway using a gift voucher i had. When i rang reservations was closed so the girl at the reception took the booking and said if there was a problem they would ring me, i told her i had the gift voucher.

So sure enough then i got a call from them the next day, and the guy said there were booked up for one of the nights. Taught this was strange as i had checked online at their site and seemed fine, i have since checked again and doesn't seem to be booked, i can get to the final page where it requires the credit card details.

Is this because of the gift voucher? I know there is the possibility of the website not being up to date, but this was over a week ago and its a big company, im sure it connected to a main server for all bookings.

If anyone has had similar experience or thoughts.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring again when reception is open and don't mention your previous booking. Just ask them if there are rooms available.

This should help you tell if they are lying or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Depends on the website. Some sites block-reserve rooms (with varying contracts as to how many unsold rooms they release back to the hotel, and when), some do realtime integration with the hotel PMS. It's possible your site is the latter, and still has rooms available, whereas the hotel shows no rooms available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Yes like cgarvey said, companies block book rooms and the hotel may not know if there all sold or not

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BingoBongo wrote: »
    Yes like cgarvey said, companies block book rooms and the hotel may not know if there all sold or not

ye i get ya. so basically if i check every so often they could have some back? And random ye i did ring but the reservations was either closed or busy so have to check again tomorrow. See cant see how there website could see me the room as they have a guarantee policy once you use your credit card they either have got rooms or guarantee isn't worth much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Check with www.gulliver.ie If they have availability the rooms listed are available to the public, through the FEXCO system Gullnet. All bookings made through this system have to be honoured so if there is availability there they have the rooms. IMHO ( I work in the industry) they probably are lying. Check availability on Gulliver and then phone them, Book the room and then mention the voucher. If they mess you about ask for a manager. Mention you will contact TAMS ( Failte Ireland complaint and standards body) and the company through which the gift voucher is issued.

Best of Luck

• Advertisement

thanks for that, never heard of that site Grawns. I rang today anyway and was told still full on the Saturday night. I asked how come the website didn't say so, and he didn't think it would so he went to confirm was fully booked, came back and said it was, but if i did book it they would have to honor it!!!! its laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

davton wrote: »
    thanks for that, never heard of that site Grawns.

Gulliver.ie is the backbone of the following irish tourist booking sites
    go.ireland, accommodation.ie, irish tourist.com. It is also used by all the tourist offices. You cannot be listed on these sites or on the Gulliver network unless you are registered with the Irish Tourist Board and have been and are continually vetted by TAMS on behalf of the Torist Board.

Gulliver says they have accommodation! :rolleyes:

Advertisement