Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gta 4 ps2

• 27-04-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

is the new gta going to come out for the ps2 any time so.
    don't want to just buy a ps3 to get the game

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

GTA4 is for next gen consoles only. And PC's...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Pc's? That remains to be seen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, considering that programming for an Xbox 360 is similar enough to programming for PC, it would be rather foolish for them not to release a PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

True, but the PC gaming market is in such decline that you'd wonder whether they'll just stuff it and focus on their next project, which I think is called LA Noir, or Noire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd put money on it that it will come out for pc before putting money on it coming out for the ps2.

sure if they bring out a ps2 version why not just go the whole hog and code up an atari jaguar version too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Cremo wrote: »
    i'd put money on it that it will come out for pc before putting money on it coming out for the ps2.

sure if they bring out a ps2 version why not just go the whole hog and code up an atari jaguar version too.

Really?

*Dusts off the Jaguar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

TBH, I think there is no chance of seeing GTA IV on the ps2, even the ps3 and 360 version have some slow-down, imagine it on the ps2!!!

As for the pc, I read today that some website (i think it was whatifgame) had an interview with an unnamed rockstar employee who said that a pc version is very doubtful as they have been soley focused on the console versions.

I found this on gtaIV.tv. Now it's an unnamed source, so it's not very reliable.

Here is the apparent qoute from the Rockstar guy:
    As for GTA IV coming out on the PC, that’s very doubtful as we currently have no plans to develop for the PC. We could only focus our efforts extensively on so many consoles at once, and PC might not see the light of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Will it be available for Charles Babbage's difference engine? (sorry:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

no chance on ps2, would have been cool if there was another last blockbuster game for ps2 but all good things must come to an end. if there was a wii version ever made, then you never know! but hardly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The wii hasn't got the horsepower for it. If it ever did come out on the wii it'd be some horribly watered down version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i know. plus call of duty 4 didnt even make the wii because of the high rating(or so i hear, scarface was a brutally violent game and it made it onto wii) so what chance GTA? very very very slim, probably nil.

Advertisement