Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA4 Eurogamer review

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kotaku review now up too:
    http://kotaku.com/384421/grand-theft-auto-iv-review-life-liberty-city-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness
    But it's about as close to a game can come to being perfect.

Maybe the hype was right :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

EG's servers are getting hammered, their review was much anticipated. Still scoring 100 on metacritic.com from 9 reviews :eek:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I want. Now. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is the best thing i've heard about the game so far.

from the EG review underneath a picture
    cars no longer explode with they turn upside down
    that was so stupid in the last three games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Has anywhere had any kind of comparison on the PS3 and Xbox versions yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Julez wrote: »

Kotaku.....Im looking forward to seeing gametrailers comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Runs a bit better on the ps3 but they are pretty much identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

There are very few things I wouldn't do to play this game now.

I'm so excited about the McReary guy...I'm hoping they are so pretentious about his irishness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have you read any of the reviews? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Jebus Christ, they are either paying a fortune for these reviews or this is going to be one hell of a game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

ShaneU wrote: »
    Have you read any of the reviews? :rolleyes:

No actually, don't wanna give any of the game away or anything... haven't watched any gameplay either, I've no doubt it'll be great, just wanting to know if there's any major reason I shouldn't get it on one console or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

No actually, don't wanna give any of the game away or anything... haven't watched any gameplay either, I've no doubt it'll be great, just wanting to know if there's any major reason I shouldn't get it on one console or another.

Shane already posted a great comparison from Kotaku in another thread.

No spoilers or anything, just comparing the differences in each. No serious issues with either as far as I could see except the pop up textures occur a little more often on 360 and the 360 version has achievements, live and exclusive content.

Here is a link to Shane's thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055283155

Advertisement