Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16k per second

Options
  • 27-04-2008 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've run over my 20gig cap on eircom, and the speed has dropped to 16k per sec. Is this the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Anyone else confirm this? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

How much over your cap are you?

Pics?

This is all we need :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've never heard of Eircom throttling anyone,
    Anyway I'm way over my dl limit & I'm not throttled so I doubt thats your problem.
    dllimitjo2.th.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

yeah I thought it would be a bit drastic for that to have happeneded... only went 1 gig over limit!

Max speed coming out of my house on 3 different pcs is 16k per sec.

It was ok 3 days ago.

Could there be any other reason for this?

• Advertisement

What are your stats like? Log in2 your router on 192.168.1.254. Post stats here.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What are your stats like? Log in2 your router on 192.168.1.254. Post stats here.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry folks, fixed the issue, my friend moved the router and there was an extra microfilter attached to our setup!

Thanks for all the help!

Log in2 router like before, click troubleshoot, click statistics, then dsl. Paste results here.

Judging by the attenuation stats there is a problem with your line, (lower is better). Is the router plugged in2 the main fone socket? Are you using an extender cable? Have you tried another socket?

Got there just a min before you pog, yeah it was an extra microfilter set up on the line! Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement