Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn laptop issue

• 27-04-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

My laptop up and died this morning, (great timing:mad:) and to restore function I had to ghost it and reinstall all the software etc. I've got it working again, but I was wondering, would anyone know whether I need to reapply to the Ucd network? I'm a Quinn student, and I did my MCQs in class, and I'm wondering whether they could be affected.
    Will I need to go back into the ILTG? Are they even still open? Or is there a way to do this from home? Or am I worrying over nothing and is this no big deal? (hopes):confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Just reconnect to the network, if you've already done the tests they'll have been uploaded to the college servers.

That's if I understand what I think you mean :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Thanks, but how exactly do i connect to the network again? Is it through Novell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Thanks, but how exactly do i connect to the network again? Is it through Novell?

what?!?
    just either turn on your wireless or use the cable and you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

i dont think you need to reapply. the only thing they have you registered under is you MAC address and they should remain the same. Your mcqs will be fine. they are submitted to a ucd server and have nothing to do with your laptop once you finish each one and submit it

Thanks for all the replies, sorry, all the cramming obviously has my brain completely addled!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I presume your MCQ's are done on blackboard? Then you'll be fine since blackboard is a webapp. Assuming you finished them you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Typical ILTG, absolutely useless.

Any problem you go up with, their solution is to ghost the yoke.

And the intial purchase price is also terrible compared to whats out there at the same cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Typical ILTG, absolutely useless.

Any problem you go up with, their solution is to ghost the yoke.

And the intial purchase price is also terrible compared to whats out there at the same cost.

I got the impression that he/she ghosted it themselves. What baffles me is someone could be abel to ghost their laptop and not know how the wireless works. Unless ghosting has been made much easier:confused:

If you had your own ghost image and a bootable DVD (that someone made or you did yourself) you'd be in business.

I did ghost it myself, because my user profile was corrupted, and I had everything on backup anyway (admittedly, my brother did show me how). I don't know why I thought there was some sort of specific UCD network you had to connect to, I think it's just because I used to have to login through Novell, and I don't anymore.
    Thanks for all the replies!

• Advertisement

I don't think you've to log in through novell unless you want to get your H: drive as a real drive, and that will only work if you're on the wired LAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Red Alert wrote: »
    I don't think you've to log in through novell unless you want to get your H: drive as a real drive, and that will only work if you're on the wired LAN.

Nothing is worth having novell on your laptop. Nothing.

Advertisement