Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica may give next album free

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Lol First they promote bootlegging of their material to get the word around...
    Then they sue their fans for what they once advocated nearly 20 years later...
    Now they feel their music is so worthless that they're giving it away?

Maybe dumping Bob Rock was the better move after all! :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, unless their album is really good and kicks ass (its a possibility)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FunkyBarSteward

I think Lars etc.. did a lot of damage in the past and to top it off the last offerings weren't the greatest, so, i think Metallica owes us. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lol First they promote bootlegging of their material to get the word around...
    Then they sue their fans for what they once advocated nearly 20 years later...
    Now they feel their music is so worthless that they're giving it away?

Maybe dumping Bob Rock was the better move after all! :D
    VR!

tbh,they only ever encouraged fans to bootleg their live shows,going so far at one stage as to set special bootlegging sections beside the sound desk aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lord lucan wrote: »
    tbh,they only ever encouraged fans to bootleg their live shows,going so far at one stage as to set special bootlegging sections beside the sound desk aside.

yeah then peoples arms hurt so they introduced livemetallica- so from free to payin a tenner,yup thats fair!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

yeah then peoples arms hurt so they introduced livemetallica- so from free to payin a tenner,yup thats fair!! :rolleyes:

Ah, but you can get free stuff on livemetallica...albeit it being much older stuff, its still really good quality. Sure Pearl Jam charged for their bootlegs, the ones on the official site, and ya dont hear them getting lambasted for it! Very easy to have a pop at Metallica, say what ya want bout them, but they still did some great stuff. And could possibly do it again.

in fairness,there's nothing to stop people still bootlegging shows,i actually prefer the bootlegs sometimes as you get a better vibe with all the crowd noise compared to livemetallica downloads which are taken from the soundboard.

for those interested the pre-album campaign has started with the launch of this site which goes live next monday. it looks like this is being run by warner and not the band but should be interesting.http://www.missionmetallica.com/

in fairness,there's nothing to stop people still bootlegging shows,i actually prefer the bootlegs sometimes as you get a better vibe with all the crowd noise compared to livemetallica downloads which are taken from the soundboard.

i totally agree with you there, some guy with a mic in the crowd gets better bootlegs coz you feel more part of it, crowd being louder but some bootlegs donE this way can be MUCK!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Well, if it's anything like St. Anger, it would want to be free.
    They should pay you to download that stuff. Anything recent from Metallica is of the toilet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

for those interested the pre-album campaign has started with the launch of this site which goes live next monday. it looks like this is being run by warner and not the band but should be interesting.http://www.missionmetallica.com/

Cheers for the link.
    That looks interesting...... Wonder what will happen monday!?!
    Could be a hint at the album art style too....

• Advertisement

i totally agree with you there, some guy with a mic in the crowd gets better bootlegs coz you feel more part of it, crowd being louder but some bootlegs donE this way can be MUCK!!

yep,especially if you get some drunken gob****e standing beside the bootlegger roaring all sorts of random ****e. i've a cassette tape bootleg of G N' R at slane and for a lot of it all you can here is the crowd roaring for water from security/stewards:D

yep,especially if you get some drunken gob****e standing beside the bootlegger roaring all sorts of random ****e. i've a cassette tape bootleg of G N' R at slane and for a lot of it all you can here is the crowd roaring for water from security/stewards:D

urgh that horrible, if anyone is lookin for some savage bootlegs go to www.live-recordings.net remember folks bootlegs are not for sale....but you can trade!

Advertisement