Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panic! Did not preorder!!!

• 27-04-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Sooo, i didnt preorder GTA4 (PS3 version) and have only just found out that Game and Xtravision in Monaghan will only have copies available for those that preordered!
    I'm in panic mode right now and im wondering is the game likely to be sold out in most places? Im going to ring Argos and Tesco tomorro and hopefully the news is not as bad, but if it is- what alternatives do i have? I would head on up to Dublin on Tuesday if i knew i could get a copy handy enough... but my preferred option would be to have it delivered on Tuesday guaranteed! What would be the better websites to order from if i want it delivered Tuesday?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you'll be fine. chances are even game & xtra-vision will have enough for you.

people are going nuts over pre-orders, when in fact you're more then likely going to be able to walk into any store on tuesday and pick it up handy enough. games simply do not sell out like that.

i don't think i've pre-ordered a game in years. not even the "impossible to get if not ordered" halo.

pre-ordering is only really necessary with special editions et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You might want to ring Tesco's first, as some of their stores don't sell PS3 games at all. Argos is a good bet, as I have heard they don't take reserves until the game is actually on sale (don't qoute me on that though).

My local smyths (cork,kinsale rd.) store has assured me that they will have loads of copies. They were only taking pre orders for the special edition. I'll still be queuing up outside their door before they open though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I am in the same boat! Xtra Vision seems to be all pre booked out!

Although I remember when San Andreas came out I just walked into HMV on the day and got one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Henry Street 9am ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I remember when San Andreas came out and Grafton street [remember when they had stores that sold games there :rolleyes:] was full of people heading into Game, Gamestop Virgin etc trying to buy with huge queues. I went to HMV and thankfully there was 3 copies left and only me and another guy wanted to buy the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I ordered it from play.com yesterday and they said they were sold out but in the order details section it says its preordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I ordered it from play.com yesterday and they said they were sold out but in the order details section it says its preordered.

Yeah your in the second batch of people who preordered and will get in the second shipment before it goes on general sale to everyone else.

It depends on when they get that shipment if you get it on launch or a week or two after.

brim4brim wrote: »
    Yeah your in the second batch of people who preordered and will get in the second shipment before it goes on general sale to everyone else.

It depends on when they get that shipment if you get it on launch or a week or two after.
    K thanks mate. Don't mind when I get it because I know I'm getting it now. No real advantage of getting it on launch day anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

cian1500ww wrote: »
    K thanks mate. Don't mind when I get it because I know I'm getting it now. No real advantage of getting it on launch day anyway.

you could be waiting a week or two though! that would kill me :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I remember for San Andres I did not pro order. When to extravision in Finglas bout 10am and they would not sell it to me. Said I did not preorder no chance of getting it here or anywhere. Told me to come back in a week!!!!!

Yeah right.... hoped on the bus walked into smyths and got it no prob.
    I booked GTA4 on gamesnash so should have it on Tuesday (depending on the post)

I honestly dont think you will have a problem getting one. Try ringing some places like smyths Monday/Tuesday.

Also dont bother looking on sites the earlist you will get it is probably a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It's not the end of the world if you don't get it early, surely! :D
    The hype surrounding this game is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

My local smyths (cork,kinsale rd.) store has assured me that they will have loads of copies. They were only taking pre orders for the special edition. I'll still be queuing up outside their door before they open though :D

See ya there dude!

9am ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My local smyths (cork,kinsale rd.) store has assured me that they will have loads of copies. They were only taking pre orders for the special edition.
    Smyths in Limerick took my preorder (and deposit) for the regular edition. They said the deposit would get me 400 MS points in addition to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think I will pop into Tesco Dundrum at some point, anyone else planning a midnight raid tmw?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Sooo, i didnt preorder GTA4 (PS3 version) and have only just found out that Game and Xtravision in Monaghan will only have copies available for those that preordered!
    I'm in panic mode right now and im wondering is the game likely to be sold out in most places? Im going to ring Argos and Tesco tomorro and hopefully the news is not as bad, but if it is- what alternatives do i have? I would head on up to Dublin on Tuesday if i knew i could get a copy handy enough... but my preferred option would be to have it delivered on Tuesday guaranteed! What would be the better websites to order from if i want it delivered Tuesday?

Jesus christ take a "chill pill" mate. Its only a game. Why do you have to get it the day it comes out?! You'd swear someone had a gun to your head...

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I think I will pop into Tesco Dundrum at some point, anyone else planning a midnight raid tmw?

I'll probably pop into tesco. Game are opening at midnight but I've sworn never to set foot into any Game shop ever again. If I can't get a copy at midnight I'll just go to smyths first thing on tuesday.

Just switched my order to Gamesnash. Should get it Tuesday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I did hear about some stores offering gamerpoints as a ploy to lure people to the 360 version, nice to know Smyths are following suit.

Incidently, i have a special edition pre-ordered but was thinking of buying a regular version too as i think the special edition could be worth alot of money someday! Anyone think its a good idea? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

BULLER wrote: »
    Jesus christ take a "chill pill" mate. Its only a game. Why do you have to get it the day it comes out?! You'd swear someone had a gun to your head...

Oh FFS, get lost muppet... Yes its only a game - Its one I have been looking forward to playing, and I would like to get it this week and finish it before i move (monday week) and no longer have the ps3. ok?

Turtle Beach Montego Cruz sound card NICE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

BULLER wrote: »

You're posting on the GTA forum- the vast majority of posters here will be very eager to get the game on day 1. If the OP posted this to Personal Issues, your response would be justified. In the current context, it is you that needs to take a deep breath and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

You're posting on the GTA forum- the vast majority of posters here will be very eager to get the game on day 1. If the OP posted this to Personal Issues, your response would be justified. In the current context, it is you that needs to take a deep breath and relax.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but unfortunately peoples opinions don't seem to alter in accordance with the section of the forum they are on - I express the same view no matter what the title of the thread is...
    I just cant understand peoples reasons for staying up till midnight at shows waiting for a release... adds a bit of drama to lives I suppose. (Could never get my head around people staying up at book shops for the whole Harry Potter thing...)

Im just bitter I guess - I'm waiting for the PC version... (November is it?) :o

Advertisement