Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a budget media/office Rig

Options
  • 27-04-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

My mum wants a new computer, so i want to get a budget rig

But cant decide between the socket AM2+ and socket 775.

AMD are certainly cheaper but do they stack up to the lower end intel processors?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

How much do you want to spend on it? 200 quid or 700?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

How much do you want to spend on it? 200 quid or 700?
    i reckon i could spend about 4 - 500 on the case/mobo/gfx/psu/keyboard/mouse and then about 2 - 300 on a screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I´d buy a cheap dell and save the hassle if it´s only for your mum but if you wanna build one I´d buy Intel they are way ahead these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

MooseJam wrote:
    I´d buy a cheap dell and save the hassle if it´s only for your mum but if you wanna build one I´d buy Intel they are way ahead these days
    I've always had problems with the lower end dells they all seem to have rubbish motherboards.

Thanks for the advice though, I was leaning towards Intel as well but I've always been a big AMD fan. they used to make great mid range processors I wonder where it all went wrong?

Advertisement