Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

96 lancer , any use?

Options
  • 27-04-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Lancer/1.3-GLX/1023200/

My bro is looking at this car for himself, he currently drives a 96 saxo 1 ltr .
    what do you guys think? is the dealer any good ? anyone know what they're like to drive, he doesnt want anything too big cause of insurance, and he needs a 4 door so he can put the kids in the back easy enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭timemachine

Get an insurance quote before you buy. I was driving a 1.4 and on a provisional, then passed my test and got a lancer, 1.3, but my insurance went up!!. Glx is seen as sporty. But they are great cars. I would recommend Lancer. Dont know the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

daauneal wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Lancer/1.3-GLX/1023200/

My bro is looking at this car for himself, he currently drives a 96 saxo 1 ltr .
    what do you guys think? is the dealer any good ? anyone know what they're like to drive, he doesnt want anything too big cause of insurance, and he needs a 4 door so he can put the kids in the back easy enough.

Think that car your looking at should be added to the skangermobiles thread.

OT..The Lancer's a great car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Personaly I would buy that car, cause of the way its done up.

If he is going after a small cc engine, it is the car to go for as it ticks the right boxs. Just not with the body kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

He hates the car hes in now, it was given to him by a friend when the guy moved out of ireland, this will be his second car , personally I think its ok , but I'm more into two door's myself. but he has the kids to think of. . . . I think he doesnt want to drive anything to boring, a slight (early) mid life crisis :p. the mileage seems ok for the age and the price is good but I dont know about lancers so it seems a little too cheap . . ?. . no .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

daauneal wrote: »
    He hates the car hes in now, it was given to him by a friend when the guy moved out of ireland, this will be his second car , personally I think its ok , but I'm more into two door's myself. but he has the kids to think of. . . . I think he doesnt want to drive anything to boring, a slight (early) mid life crisis :p. the mileage seems ok for the age and the price is good but I dont know about lancers so it seems a little too cheap . . ?. . no .

€2,500 for a 12 year old 1.3 litre Lancer that drove through the front window of Halfords is not cheap imo.

Here is a newer one for similar money:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mitsubishi/Lancer/1.3-GLX/971282/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭coolbeans

That silver Lancer is one tacky, cheap looking car. Is your brother fond of baseball caps and tracksuits with a penchant for doing donuts in the middle of the night in the local Tesco carpark? Does he own a pitbull terrier? If not stay away from that one. The red car is much nicer IMO. Lancers are good cars but that silver one really does belong in the skangermobile thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's enough Lancers around in this country to not have to bother with examples like the silver one above. Hideously overpriced for a '96, and... hideous in general. Look at the picture taken from the rear seat:
    CB4_1023200_6_241055.jpg

He's painted the inside of the front doors black and white! :eek:

Dunno about the fake wook in the red one either - looks tacky.
    I think he doesnt want to drive anything to boring, a slight (early) mid life crisis...
    It's a 1.3 Lancer. 12 valve engine, nothing fancy - a 1.3 Corolla would be more powerful for starters. Pretty average normal saloon TBH (a far cry from an Evo), not very safe either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

coolbeans wrote: »
    That silver Lancer is one tacky, cheap looking car. Is your brother fond of baseball caps and tracksuits with a penchant for doing donuts in the middle of the night in the local Tesco carpark? Does he own a pitbull terrier? If not stay away from that one. The red car is much nicer IMO. Lancers are good cars but that silver one really does belong in the skangermobile thread.

I resent the pitbull statement , they're great dogs, but no he's not a skanger.
    I dont know what he's gonna do, he called asking about it today.

I will admit tho I liked at least one of the cars in that thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's likely to have had the ar5e driven out of it by some 18 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

lancer is a great car, my mate has a 97 and no trouble

the silver one is modified so the driver probely driven the guts out of it to be carful. if the brother wants to add style then buy a bog standard lancer and do it himself, lot more personal than someone elses idea's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

jason31 wrote: »
    lancer is a great car, my mate has a 97 and no trouble

the silver one is modified so the driver probely driven the guts out of it to be carful. if the brother wants to add style then buy a bog standard lancer and do it himself, lot more personal than someone elses idea's

Lancer - style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've a 98 Lancer (none of the knacker stuff like the one above though). Grand car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jason31

style is relative, if modded cars are your thing then the lancer looks v well!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevin1916

i have the same car got it off me mate for 600 euro had a bravo but it blew up, mines a 96 too and have no trouble with it and i screw it all the time so they can take it no problem only thing bout mine i want a bodykit any1 no where i can get a cheap one or will an evo kit fit on it?

MODEDIT

How about opening your own thread for your question instead of attaching it to remotely related old threads (for the second time)?

This thread is now closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement