Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disable folder refreshing in Vista

• 27-04-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

This bloody yoke:
    16473189ua7.jpg

It seems every few days this happens in folders I use all the time, it takes a few seconds to reload all the icon thumbnails and stuff (no matter what size I have them at: List view for most folders but Large or Extra Large icons for pics video folders it doesn't matter)
    Has to be a way to make it stop, I think it's Windows search or indexing or something? Anyway it ends now! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can turn off indexing if you want. I do I find the machine a lot quicker without that and system restore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

It's just Windows refreshing the file preview thumbnails because for some reason it forgets them every now and again. You can turn this feature off (I did; it's damn annoying) but you'll have no more previews, just the standard file type logo. To do this just open My Computer,
    Press ALT,
    Click Tools, then Folder Options,
    Go to the View tab and select "Always show icons, never thumbnails".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

IMO its far quicker to turn thumbnails off, and use a freeware app like XNView to look at/manage folders with images and vids in. So I might as well be using XP tbh.

-annex- wrote: »
    It's just Windows refreshing the file preview thumbnails because for some reason it forgets them every now and again. You can turn this feature off (I did; it's damn annoying) but you'll have no more previews, just the standard file type logo. To do this just open My Computer,
    Press ALT,
    Click Tools, then Folder Options,
    Go to the View tab and select "Always show icons, never thumbnails".
    There's a minor bug with doing this that hasn't been corrected in SP1. If you try to change your wallpaper the desktop background page doesn't show the thumbnails for those either. All you see are a bunch of generic icons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hmm, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement