Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mary O'Rourke walks out on Celebrity Bainisteoir

• 27-04-2008 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

If she can't even manage an amateur football team you'd wonder how she ever ever managed Education and Health:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Blast it I missed it..... saw the ad for it last week.... what actually happened??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

yeah i seen that why did she sign up to do it. she knew what her schedule was goin to be like. what a waste of time hopefully her ex-team will win and show her up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Seems like a miserable old bag to me.

Marty Whelan, ftw.

*pukes uncontrollably*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I can never take her seriously. The Knob Nation impressions of her are highly accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

RATM wrote: »
    If she can't even manage an amateur football team you'd wonder how she ever ever managed Education and Health:eek:
    She didn't... well not successfully anyway... you know the way the Luas isn't joined up, the way we dithered with the 'overground', 'underground' decision until we lost the money from Europe... you know that whole telecom eireann sell off, where the state was stripped of a valuable asset, along with the poor unfortunates who invested in a greatly undervalued stock.

That be Mary!

The most useless politican in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Ahhh come on you should rephrase that to

'one of the most useless politicans in the country':D

She's a bit to go before she beats Martin 'E-Voting is on the Way' Cullen and Noel 'The Bungler' Dempsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

what about the minister for fisticuffs willie o d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

old boy wrote: »
    what about the minister for fisticuffs willie o d

what about him

the df have seen more spending over the last few years than ever before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Anytime I see Mary interviewed she is a great laugh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

She's a TD for FF.... What do you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Anytime I see Mary interviewed she is a great laugh. :)

There's that side, but she can be a miserable aul bag too, like the fun police:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

She ****ed up when she was minister of Transport, she is the reason the 2 LUAS lines were un-connected.

she lost her seat in 2002 but what did the retarded voters of Longford/Westmeath do in 2007? put her back into Dail Eireann. way to go suckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

what about him

the df have seen more spending over the last few years than ever before

And that's a good thing, right? Right? I mean a well funded defence force is much more important that, for example, a well funded education system. Boys with toys over kids with classrooms.

Back on topic, I have to say I have a soft spot for Mary. Not based on policy decisions but rather because she comes across as one of the more grounded politicians and it took a lot of guts to go back before the electorate last time around.

My opinion of her dipped when I saw she was involved in this reality TV crap. Beneath her I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/waits for gift grub/nob nation podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

You know, for all the anger I have towards bertie for his corruption, it doesn't even come close to how angry I am that he made Mary O'Rourke minister for Public Enterprise.

She was basically in charge of transport, telecoms, energy and tons of other stuff during the most economically successful period of our history and she managed to **** the whole thing up. 2 unconnected luas lines (delayed many years) and handing our entire telecoms network over to a single private company. What a legacy.

While the rest of the world was trying to break up monopolies, O'Rourke created one! She's a moron.

Advertisement