Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xcel wetsuits

Options
  • 27-04-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought an xcel 6/5/4 in January, warmest thing ever, but there's a few broken neoprene stretches in the neck(where it's meant to be 300% stretch). As im moving back into the 5/3 I had, I was thinking of sending it back to the manufacturer in Hawai with a note on what is in need of repair.

I was wondering if anyone had experience in returning xcel's before, how long it takes, how much it costs and is it worth it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have no experience with Xcel, but here is the postal rates so if you weigh it you might have an idea of how much postage will cost you

http://www.anpost.ie/NR/rdonlyres/A2D4FFE4-859E-498C-9AD2-2D811FB0C34B/0/GuidetoPostalRates08_12pagerlightblue2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

Why dont you bring it back to where you bought it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

taking it you bought it online so! alot of shops stock these suits now and im sureif you go to them and have a nice word they may oblige to help you, but a stern warning it often pays to buy locally even if price is slightly more for this very reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

There's an Irish dealer for Xcel wetsuits and he should be able to sort you out. I think he's up in the Sligo/Donegal area. I'm sure the Xcel lads will give you his number anyway. If not I should be able to dig it out from somewhere, not sure what the policy is on posting phone numbers here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

Took my 'new' (used 6 times) Xcel Infiniti back to where I bought it locally due to a torn stitch/seam - wasn't given a replacement/temp. one. This is back December... bought it as a pressie to myself for the winter.
    Got it back at the end of February.... i.e. without it for the whole f#@king winter.
    Be warned.... they tend to take their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭saltrock2007

I bought the suit from bundoransurfco in donegal, nice guys up there. Unfortunately, I called them up a while ago (before this post) and they said they would probably not be able to do anything for me, just send it back to the manufacturer. I noticed that there was a tiny gash in the neck when i was trying it on, probably from everyone else trying it on, but i didn't think anything of it-it's now pretty big!! Bought in Jan so there's a lotta time to go on the warranty. If you have the dealers number, please pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The shop where you bought it are legally obliged to give you either a repair, replacement or refund. Demand this from the shop (even if they are nice guys)

You shouldn't have to shell put the cost of sending a suit back to Hawaii

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/consumer-protection/consumer-rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland

Advertisement