Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car privately for the first time

Options
  • 27-04-2008 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Two things I'm not sure of.

1. There are very few like mine on Carzone or Carlist that are being sold privately. For me to judge a competitive selling price, how much should I take off what the Dealers are charging ? I realise they have to give warranties etc and mine does not.

2. I have some finance outstanding on the car which I can't clear until I sell it. If a prospective buyer does a check, they will see the finance is outstanding and may well p*ss off. How do I get around that ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Be upfront about the Finance. Tell them you'll pay it off as soon as the car is sold, or ask if they'd be willing to pay it off themselves and simply change your price accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

Thanks for that.

Advertisement