Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rfactor update ?

• 27-04-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Having not played rfactor in a while I went online to see if any updates are available. 1255 is the most recent one but there's a mess of people complaining about it.Any users here installed it and has it worked ok? I'm guessing online play is out untill I do update. I'm getting hangups and messages on a few mods anyway so untill I sort them out I won't touch it. For such a great game it's a pity it can get so complicated,I suppose it's the price you pay for giving all mod builders free reign to have their mods installed any way they want, the result for me is that my file system is all over the place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It went without a hitch for me. The best way to update rFactor is to make a fresh install rather than upda teh one you have been using before. It's also a good way ot clearing your mods and tracks. Personally I prefer to keep only the ones I actually use installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

But isn't 1255 a patch for 1250.Persumably then it wouldn't work with a fresh install,infact what about all the other updates,would they all have to be reinstalled also? Sounds like mucho work if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

It would appear that they have taken all the work out of the equation now. You can get a 1255 installer.

http://www.rfactor.net/?page=downloads

Advertisement