Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Assistants

Options
  • 27-04-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone here who is a personal assistant or has a PA might be able to help me out. I'd like to know what sort of stuff they do, I understand that each service is unique to the individual and know that this can vary from personal care to assistance with a wheelchair etc, but what about areas such as the social and educaational? I also understand the relationaship is strictly professional but am keen to know any difficulties that you have experienced in this regard.

Appreciate any answers to those two questions if anyone could help me:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone here who is a personal assistant or has a PA might be able to help me out. I'd like to know what sort of stuff they do, I understand that each service is unique to the individual and know that this can vary from personal care to assistance with a wheelchair etc, but what about areas such as the social and educaational? I also understand the relationaship is strictly professional but am keen to know any difficulties that you have experienced in this regard.

Appreciate any answers to those two questions if anyone could help me:)
    The best thing to do is contact your local HSE/health board and ask if they help with social educational areas. Also you might be able to get transport to educational training centres. Again ask what is available. Good luck, sorry cant give a more direct answer

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

hi,

Im a personal assistant with the wheelchair association. A personal assistants work is very varied and as you said involves personal care but can also include accompanying service users to school/college and on social trips, each service users needs are very different.

As for relationships, most p.a's and service users would become friends as you are spending alot of time together and it would be very difficult to work together if you didnt get on.

Advertisement