Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My lil plan :)

Options
  • 27-04-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Well may as well start one here too.

Didn't do much today as I was in the gym yesterday. Went for a 2 hour walk with the dogs.

Going to make lunch for tomorrow soon.
    Most likely going to do a chicken stir fry.

2 chicken breasts,
    1 whole pepper,
    1 whole red onion,
    Some ginger to add flavour,
    1 whole chilli,
    2 eggs,
    1 carrot,
    mixed with basmati rice.

Going to the gym after work tomorrow, will add more then.

Plan to do a fair bit of rowing, working on my chest and biceps then cool down on the bike.

Have only been going to the gym a lil over a week now, haven't really told many people but they have noticed that I've gotten a bit more muscular. :confused:
    Still at my same weight of 103kg. 6' 2". Will get all my measurements tomorrow and post em up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Woke up late today and as a result forgot my gym gear. Very annoying because I'm starting to really enjoy it.

I did however, remember to bring my pre made lunch. Sticking to my diet pretty well and just gagging to hit the gym. I did have a doughnut today and feel a bit guilty about it haha.

Really just gotta get into the routine of having my gym gear in the bag ready the night before, like my lunch :D

Its inspiring reading everyone elses logs/diaries. Pretty confident I can do this and actually looking forward to finishing this internship so I can join a better equipped gym. It is handy having one in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

man is your fitday planner correct for today or is it missing alot?

sorry that was for the 23rd it seems, however was that all you had that day

Ive forgotten to edit it more. Seems like work blocked it. I will try fill it in now. thinking of scrapping it, but seemingly its good.
    *shakes fist*

Wilburt wrote: »
    Ive forgotten to edit it more. Seems like work blocked it. I will try fill it in now. thinking of scrapping it, but seemingly its good.
    *shakes fist*

I would actually keep it up for a couple of weeks as it will help you find out what you actually put into your body and give you a better understanding of what is in your diet

It doesnt have what I want to put in.

Today what I ate:

2 weetabix with "super milk"
    cup of coffee

Large apple, yoghurt.

Lunch was what I outlined last night.

More fruit and yoghurt later in the day.

Did the chilli stir fry you saw earlier. Didn't eat the cake or drink the beer. I couldn't after you pointed it out :pac:

I didn't eat enough today but work was flat out and spent a lot of time preparing dinner earlier. Put in 3 whole chicken breasts. Keeping left over for lunch tomorrow.

Drank a fair bit of water too.

• Advertisement

It doesnt have what I want to put in.

Today what I ate:

2 weetabix with "super milk"
    cup of coffee

Large apple, yoghurt.

Lunch was what I outlined last night.

More fruit and yoghurt later in the day.

Did the chilli stir fry you saw earlier. Didn't eat the cake or drink the beer. I couldn't after you pointed it out :pac:

I didn't eat enough today but work was flat out and spent a lot of time preparing dinner earlier. Put in 3 whole chicken breasts. Keeping left over for lunch tomorrow.

Drank a fair bit of water too.

you can create customs foods in it so once you have the nutritional info for it you enter once and can re use it. Also bring some nuts and fruit into work with you as they are easy to eat at your desk in a short space of time and should help stop you from undereating (jsut be careful on the nuts though;))

ye and sorry for spoiling the dinner it did look nice thoug:D

Ah no you were right, if i wanna be cutting down on fat beer and cake isnt the way to go.
    Yeah have walnuts here at home il bring in tomorrow, theyre high in calories though so gotta be careful

ok you did one for the 28th is that accurate, cause unless that was around half your food you look like you are undereating

Went to the gym today, was sort of lax about it during the week so put in a long session (for me) to make up for it. Brain is a bit slow because I'm tired. Can't remember exactly what I did.
    not in order;
    15minutes rowing to warm up.
    squat 25kg x 5 x 5 First time trying them, quite enjoyed them. Didn't want to try anything too heavy because I was on my own and wanna build up slowly.

Argh can't remember what else I did. Some free weights and some more weights to work my triceps I think... argh too late to think.

I weighed myself today, lost about 2 - 3 kilos. Since I've started I feel a lot better, have a spring in my step and lots more energy. I also look fitter/healthier.

Decided I'm going to go back to American football next year, so that is one of 2 things spurring me on. The other is once I get myself in decent shape I'm going to get the other side of my stomach tattooed. Not everyones cup of tea but oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Good work on starting the squats!! Do you have a better program now or are you kinda winging it??

Also deadly work on the weightloss! :)

Have you decided on the tattoo you're gonna get yet?

• Advertisement

Totally winging it. Trying to break up workouts into focussing on different parts of my body, arms chest, back, core, legs etc.
    Still a total newbie unfortunately.

Feel fine today, didn't hit it too hard yesterday in the gym so going back later once the podcast is over and done with.

New tattoo - yeah got some ideas. Heavy black-work, celtic style.

If anyone would be so kind as to point in the right direction regards workouts I'd love to hear from you.
    How long do people spend in the gym? I spend about 1 - 1.5 hours in the gym each session.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Totally winging it. Trying to break up workouts into focussing on different parts of my body, arms chest, back, core, legs etc.

Feel fine today, didn't hit it too hard yesterday in the gym so going back later once the podcast is over and done with.

If anyone would be so kind as to point in the right direction regards workouts I'd love to hear from you.
    How long do people spend in the gym? I spend about 1 - 1.5 hours in the gym each session.

If you're winging it would be better to get a program done up so you'll have something set to follow.

1-1.5hrs is about the right amount of time to spend in the gym, get in, train hard get out. simple yet effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Best to get a programme done up as you may look back in a few months, maybe not having made optimal gains and wonder what you were doing.

Focus your workouts on compound exercises - bench press, squat, deadlift, pull-ups, push-ups, lat-pull downs, rows, etc.

The program that was made for me originally was just all cardio and nothing else. I wouldn't trust the people there to make me a new one...

Its the work gym and cost €50 to join, would i be better off joining a new gym? They really don't have a clue there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The program that was made for me originally was just all cardio and nothing else. I wouldn't trust the people there to make me a new one...

Its the work gym and cost €50 to join, would i be better off joining a new gym? They really don't have a clue there

Imo there's no need to spend more money joining another gym. Don't worry too much about the crap program they gave you, there's plenty of people here who will give you pointers when you need/want them.

A good place to start when beginning strength training is Starting Strength. That website is a basic plan for those starting out and is focused on doing compound lifts - things like deadlifts, bench and squats.

Another thing to have a think about is what your goals are by starting to exercise - do you want to lose weight? Get stronger? Run a marathon? etc... Having goals helps to focus the training you are doing and maximising the effect of the training. Depending on what your goals are people may offer slightly different advice.

Keep up the log and if you've any questions just ask :)

My goal is to lose some weight, put on some muscle and just be in good health.

This week was hectic in work, doing overtime etc. Finally went to the gym today, a lot more confident with the equipment now.

Did loads of squats;
    12 reps at 20k
    10 reps at 30
    8 reps at 40
    6 reps at 50
    4 reps at 60
    2 reps at 70
    1 rep at 80

10 minutes on the rower

Did a few more like the lat machine etc. can't remember the names but i did the same as i did for the squats, starting off low with high reps, ending with low reps. I am trying to improve my form, going real slow on each.

Felt knackered after it all but felt real proud and accomplished. Added bonus is I lost another 2 kilos which I'm even happier about.

It's been a while since I wrote in here...

Gym for the last week has been put off, basically down to me being lazy as sin. I am not organised enough to get my clothes ready the night before. Something I will have to pro-actively sort out.

Gym is going fine (when I do go), its been on my mind so much I actually dreamt last night I was in the gym :pac:

Last time I checked I was about 100kilos, I am watching my diet, haven't touched processed food in well over a month, fizzy drinks are a distant memory. Just need to get my ass back in gear and get going again

Advertisement