Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Information Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Love this site, think its great, fair play to ya! I have my test week, will be on here veryday I think!!!

Don't suppose there is any chance of getting this "stickied" (mods???) I think its great and new comers probably won't see/find it as it keeps drifting back a few pages.... :o

Thanks agAIN! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Great site, definately helped me learn the basics.

I'm still unsure of what the procedure is if someone comes up behind you during the reverse, do you just stop and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I'm still unsure of what the procedure is if someone comes up behind you during the reverse, do you just stop and wait?
    Yes you must wait as a reversing vehicle has no right of way.

The other driver will usually gesture for you to continue your manoeuvre. Make you normal observational checks before continuing.

Many of the turnabouts are done in residential areas and many of the residents of those areas are accustomed to turnabouts and will usually be co-operative.

(There has been one outside my mother's house for many years).

xeroshero wrote: »
    Don't suppose there is any chance of getting this "stickied" (mods???) I think its great and new comers probably won't see/find it as it keeps drifting back a few pages.... :o
    We are hoping to create a "mega" sticky with relevant links to ROTR, technical checks, accompanied rules etc.. Otherwise, too many stickies only fills up the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Sorry but any chance fo you fixing the "How to do the Brake and Indicator Checks" video?

Fair enough Ashbone, makes sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

We are hoping to create a "mega" sticky with relevant links to ROTR, technical checks, accompanied rules etc.. Otherwise, too many stickies only fills up the front page.

+1 it's a work in progress, but as you can tell it's a monster of a thread to put together.

+1 it's a work in progress
    That's good to hear. :)

Hopefully there will be a link to this thread. I'll change the title to "Driving Information".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

xeroshero wrote: »
    Sorry but any chance fo you fixing the "How to do the Brake and Indicator Checks" video?

Fair enough Ashbone, makes sense :)

Sorry for the inconvenient, :o:o:o video FIXED.

Due to the fact I setup, designed, built and run this website (drivingtesttips.ie) on my own I would appreciate any feedback offered.
    I will fix all problems as soon as I can,

As you can see by the time on this post I work very long hours as a driving instructor and running the websites (drivinginfo.ie and drivingtesttips.ie).

Please keep sending feedback here on boards.ie or directly to feedback@drivingtesttips.ie

Regards
    Drivinginfo

Advertisement