Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shops up north?

• 27-04-2008 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

any info on where the bug stores are up north for example
    ikea is in belfast
    comet are in such and such etc/
    any website with such info as planning to head up but i would like to kill as many birds with one stone!
    thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

any info on where the bug stores are up north for example
    ikea is in belfast
    comet are in such and such etc/
    any website with such info as planning to head up but i would like to kill as many birds with one stone!
    thanks
    john

What kinda 'Bug's are you looking for?? :D couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

i am in loughrea and thinking of heading up!
    enniskillen and newry probably the nearest shopping areas to me but wondering which has the best selection of stores/
    thanks j:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Frequent visitor to Belfast to shops, me, so....

Belfast city centre has the best selection, its such a compact shopping area, everything is within 3 streets and a couple of shopping centres, its ideal. If one parks in the Castlecourt Shopping Centre, its very handy and central. M&S have a big store on Donegal Square.
    BHS also well worth a visit. Alas, the BBC Shop is no more, I really miss that store. :(

IKEA is out the Bangor road, so follow the signs for Bangor/A2

Victoria Square has recently opened, a new shopping centre which is not enclosed. I was in it once since it opened, and I was underwhelmed, tbh.

Comet are not in NI, Currys have a small store in Donegal Arcade. If travelling by car, the Sprucefield Shopping Centre and Sprucefield Retail Park just before the M1 in Lisburn is well worth a stop. PC World, M&S amongst others, and across the way, there is Currys, Argos Extra, Sainsburys (pour bier) and B&Q.

Enniskillen is grand, but small, Newry has two major shopping centres beside each other, the Buttercrane and The Quays. Newry over Enniskillen for me, parking can be a 'mare in Newry at the weekends, but yet, if you are coming that distance, less than 40 miles more and you are in Belfast, tbh.

Happy shopping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

ty so much for all the info
    j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Outlet in Banbridge, a few miles north of Newry on the way to Belfast is probably a real good bet!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As said above The Outlet is good for discounted Designer stuff.
    Worth going nowadays with the EURO/GBP exchange rate at nearly 0.8000.
    Try and pay in Euro in Sainsburys as they give you a really good rate
    with no commission.
    Ikea will be jammed weekends so try and go midweek early.

Advertisement