Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Trade in Value !

• 27-04-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Greetings ,

I have 2 xbox 360s, both are dead ( RROD ).

Gta IV is out in 2 days and I desperately want to play it and I dont want to send my xbox 360s off and wait 6 - 8 weeks to get them back .

What Im thinking of doing is ; trading one of the 360s in for money and buy a new 360 in a different shop .

What shops do trade ins ? Gamestop maybe ?

Please any help would be great !

EDIT : btw I have an xbox 360 premium !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

think game give 160 store credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I traded my xbox in a few months ago to but an elite. I dont remember how much i got but i do remember gamesstop were offering 50 euro more then game.

Dont think anywhere will take it if its not working. They test them when you try to trade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I traded my xbox in a few months ago to but an elite. I dont remember how much i got but i do remember gamesstop were offering 50 euro more then game.

Dont think anywhere will take it if its not working. They test them when you try to trade in.

I will try the towel trick lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

You're posting on a public forum that you're planning on committing fraud. That's not the smartest thing you could do.

Are you just trying to get yourself in trouble or boards too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

no lad they will check everything to see is it working !!! you wont get away with that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BreakNeckSpeed

Yeah sorry for bringing it up . Im thinking of trading in my nintendo wii instead and sending both xboxs off to M$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Could someone tell me (a) how much a new elite costs, and (b) how much I'd get one if I traded in my (working) premium?

Have a lot of arcade games, and would like to do the GTA optional install - so the 120gb HD would be nice. As would HDMI.

Also will the shops do a hd transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Could someone tell me (a) how much a new elite costs, and (b) how much I'd get one if I traded in my (working) premium?

Have a lot of arcade games, and would like to do the GTA optional install - so the 120gb HD would be nice. As would HDMI.

Gamestop had an offer where you could trade in a premium and get an elite for €200 euro, and they would transfer everything from the old hard drive to the new one. That was a few months ago but id say there still doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Elite costs about €360

I traded in my core console (in Gamestop) with hdd, headset, wireless controller and rb6:lv2 - got an elite for €134. This was with a flyer they gave me which gave me an extra 20% value on my trade-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

It turns out that there is no optional install on the 360, only ps3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does anyone know if Smyths do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i don't think smyths take trade in consoles.

Advertisement