Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College help: Backround for Powerpoint presentation

Options
  • 27-04-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey

I have a big presentation for college due during the week and looking for a suitable backround for my powerpoint presentation.

The project is on Guinness marketing.
    Originally I was planning to just use the Guinness logo, ie. harp with Guinness written underneath it with suitable opacity so that you can see the writing over it.
    Having done that however it still looks very boring. Obviously the fact that the whole Guinness thing is black and white makes it difficult to add colour or make it look professional.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, either by doing out a backround suitable so that you can write over it in a powerpoint presentation or by just offering some advice on what I could do.

Thanks

Also if someone does do up a suitable backround that I use I will transfer $10 to their pokerstars account if they have one.

thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

This is in tommorrow, so if there is no response before then, then don't go to the effort of trying to make a backround for me.

thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

What most people do with PowerPoint presentations is fail to grasp the idea that content is king. You are wasting your time with fancy graphics and other dodads.

Black text and white background with minimal graphics allows you to talk more and thus get the best possible marks. PowerPoint presentations should only ever be an ancillary for a presentation and an assist to hammer home the ideas you are putting across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Goneshootin you are soooooo correct!!! The amount of meetings I have sat in where people feel choosing a different type of fly-in for each point is a good thing........THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!

powerpoint is a very simple tool that should be used to support your talk - Make the background clear and simple - what you say matters. end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I find a nice soft gradient often works well in backgrounds if the right colours are used.

Advertisement