Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Indian Restaurants ...

Options
  • 27-04-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I haven't been out for Indian food since I moved to Galway. Shocking really. Recommendations for eat in or take away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I have always found Eastern Tandori special.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

kashmirr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

+1 for Kashmir!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Santoor in Oranmore is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

+1 for Kashmir!

+2 for Kashmir ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

forbairt wrote: »
    +2 for Kashmir ... :)
    +3

One of my favourite restaurants.
    Anyone know if they still do the "All you can eat" buffet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll put my support behind Kashmir as well, it's extremely tasty any time I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/puts kashmir on list of things to do next time

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Looks like I'll have to try Kashmir so! Cheers Guys.

So from now on it's boards balti's instead of boards beers!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Do Kashmir do a takeaway menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Well they've got tiger beer there too :)
    ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Do Kashmir do a takeaway menu?

Yep ... it should be in one of those meals on wheels type spam mails one normally gets

forbairt wrote: »
    Yep ... it should be in one of those meals on wheels type spam mails one normally gets

www.imstarvin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

One of Kashmir's meals is a tomato-based curry served in a little bucket with a garnish of sticks of fresh ginger. Its divine and I can't remember what its called before my next visit. Anyone got any idea?

Imstarving has been down a while. It has menus for Kashmir and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Suits me!! They don't have to be mutually exclusive anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

EAstern Tandoori in Spanish Arch has been excellent any time I've been. Indians in Galway are generally very good I've found

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

I personally find the quality of food in Tulsi to be superior to Kashmir and I find the staff there are absolutely top class. Always have a quick chat with them after meals and have received drinks 'on-the-house' on certain occasions.

However, Kashmir's buffet was always good when feeling a bit peckish strolling around town at the weekend. Not sure if they still do it though. Also Kashmir is quite a large place and sometimes when its not full it can be severely lacking in atmosphere and seem a bit dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kashmir ... is quite a large place and sometimes when its not full it can be severely lacking in atmosphere and seem a bit dead.

+1 to that.

Personally I really liked Kumar's Taste of Asia (Flood st Galway Co. Galway, * (091)566696 - according to goldenpages.ie)

I'll revise Kashimr to the new Indian/Thai on Middle street, across from Amnesty. Was there today - all you can eat 9.99 lunch buffet - next time I'll starve myself before going.
    And my friend said they had the best chicken Tikka she ever tasted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gannett

Just came across a handy site the other day which i use. Very easy to view takeaway menus of galway and oranmore. I can never find the paper ones

Galway
    http://www.irelands-directory.com/Galway/Galway/Entertainment/Takeaways.html

Oranmore
    http://www.irelands-directory.com/Galway/Oranmore/Entertainment/Takeaways.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

nothing like a stroll up the market on a saturday for a madras pea n potatoe curry with a little yogurt from the bean tree great great great and lovely people too.....asked before and a bucket of it wud cost under €50 we have been tempted but it does beat all u can eat for €9.99 thats got to be on my must do list

Advertisement