Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Ire

Options
  • 27-04-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    From reading the posts of late,there are quite a few clocking up the miles and I was wondering how many of ye are heading on the TOI.
    Hope we get four days of weather similar to todays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ventoux wrote: »
    Hi,
    From reading the posts of late,there are quite a few clocking up the miles and I was wondering how many of ye are heading on the TOI.
    Hope we get four days of weather similar to todays.

I know RogerB and myself are. Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Did either of ye take part last year? Or are ye in the same boat as I, a little bit on edge about four long days in the saddle especially if the pace is been pushed on.

Did either of ye take part last year? Or are ye in the same boat as I, a little bit on edge about four long days in the saddle especially if the pace is been pushed on.

Definitely option B for me! Have you done much training? This is my first year doing it.

Usually I would be building up for the wicklow but because of TOI I have been out regular at weekends since Nov. A couple of spins in wicklow and a few around the Blooms in the last two months have been done, so here's hoping.I'm using the TOI as training for the Marmotte so I will hae a good idea of what I will still have to do after it.Not really looking forward to the last day because of the 3 climbs but every one else will have the same miles in the legs.

The Marmotte, fair play! I'm beginning to think that I haven't done near enough training. My plan is to hide in the bunch for the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We expect nightly posts updating us on your progress!

I think it will go something like this...

Day 1: knackered
    Day 2: totally effin' knackered
    Day 3: running on empty
    Day 4: why oh why did I sign up?

If I get access to a PC, I'll post updates, but I'll most likely be eating or sleeping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Hope the weather holds up and is better than last year - best of luck to all the boardies taking part.

Raam wrote: »
    I know RogerB and myself are. Any others?

Hi guys
    Hope all the training is done!!
    What are ye pedaling so I can say hello,just incase we dont meet and you might think I was odd or something(you still might).I,ll be on a s-works with red and white lid.We might meet at sign on anyway.Enjoy it anyway.

Hi guys
    Hope all the training is done!!
    What are ye pedaling so I can say hello,just incase we dont meet and you might think I was odd or something(you still might).I,ll be on a s-works with red and white lid.We might meet at sign on anyway.Enjoy it anyway.

Thanks mate, and best of luck to you too. I'll be on a red allez, and I'll be staring intently at the headset cos it is starting to seize :mad:
    Roger will either be on a Dawes or a Focus

• Advertisement

It must have been the sweat dripping off your forehead that caused the corroision. Cheers see ya there.

Advertisement