Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVLDDMKM error

Options
  • 27-04-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I keep getting a NVLDDMKM error popping up, games shutting down on me with it and my desktop keeps going blank every few minutes and the error message pops up again.
    I'm running a single 8800GTX with Vista Home Premium on a Dell Dimension 9200. I've had the PC for near 10 months now without a problem and now I've been getting this nvlddmkm error for a week now.

I've tried everything to get rid of it but no luck, rang Dell up about it on Thursday and the guy I was talking to at Tech support had never heard of this problem so I told him to google it and check out Dell's forum, said he couldn't. Was told to ring back on Monday (tomorrow) mad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

What have you already tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

What have you already tried?
    All Nvidia drivers including latest Beta, took out RAM, regedit entries, registry cleaner, NV file cleaner.
    Ended up restoring PC to it's factory settings and tried it like that without any updates, SP1 & new drivers, it still happened. Ran all updates, installed SP1 and the tried with each Nvidia driver one by one and it still keeps doing it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Dell rang today, new card coming by courier tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I had blue screen errors with this file but I also had bad diplay corruption so I RMA'd the card. When troubleshooting though - there was a alot of different suggested fixes including different driver installs, driver hacks, installing one driver on another, reinstalling OS, etc, etc.

Advertisement