Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gym?

• 27-04-2008 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Is the a Gym at WIT? I know there is a 'Fitness Centre' but is the an actual gym for weights training?

If not is there a nearby gym in the Waterford area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Is the a Gym at WIT? I know there is a 'Fitness Centre' but is the an actual gym for weights training?

If not is there a nearby gym in the Waterford area?

There is a gym in the college,within the fitness centre. It is a small enough gym. You mentioned weights training? There is a small area in the gym in the college with a smallish selection of dumb-bells and two benches.. There is a bench press along with the various other weight lifting machines for all the different muscles, legs, shoulders, chest,etc. Hope that helps:D

With regard to other gyms, not in any others but i'm sure there are plenty of people here who will contribute their two cents:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

There is a weights room upstairs in the college hall but i don't know if it's counted as part of the fitness centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

If the fitness suite doesnt cater to your needs regarding weight training, there is a gym in Tycor (I think) which would probably suit your needs better. I can't think of the name off hand but there arent that many units there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Kingfisher is a new gym and is fairly closer to a lot of WIT student accomodation, especially Riverwalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Good to hear, thanks lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Queev18

The gym in the fitness center in WIT is basic. Good selection of weights,nothing fancy,dumbbells,barbells etc...then you have the typical machines,chest press,shoulder press,latpull down etc. I mean you could do a brilliant workout there if you have a good catalogue of exercises and can improvise! Sadly no water font there so bring a water bottle coz you'll be gasping. For the price its very reasonable:):)

Advertisement