Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Intel Mast problems ?

Options
  • 27-04-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Anybody here on the IBB Intel Mast?

It's been totally sh1te for me for the last week and a half.
    I talked to IBB support and they said they are working on it : they said something is interfering with their singal, but they don't know what and are trying to find out.

Just wondering if anybody here is on the same mast and is having similar problems ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I've been having trouble with IBB in Maynooth since Christmas and we were given the above excuse by support. Still have the problem :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

It was fine up until a few weeks ago. Now it's pretty much unusable. if you click a link there's a 10% chance that you will get the page back. I'm posting this from a mobile device...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Yeah, IBB in Leixlip has been crap for a mate also, he knows how to log into his Alvarion radio on his roof (due to having worked for them a few years ago) and claims that his signal level which used to be rock solid has been extremely erratic for the last few weeks and will be at the almost max strenght one minute and at zero the next.

He says it is lke this at all times of the day and that it has to be something interfering with the signal due to the erratic nature of it, showed me the other night standing outside his gaff how the signal level lights on the bottom of the radio were jumping about alot so maybe their support guys are telling the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ours mostly just runs at half a megabit although it takes 3 attempts to do a google search sometimes.

You get a page cannot be displayed error even though it happened so fast it didn't even try.

Its happened with other sites although not as frequently. I'm looking into other providers as there is no chance we can keep this if its going to remain this poor. The fact that they have no idea where its coming from means it'll take them ages to fix it.

Advertisement