Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2008/09 Jersey Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/products/kit_selector.aspx?selector=205

New chelsea home and goalie kits, I gotta say I really do like em, may invest in all the trims and bells on this baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I wonder when was the last time, if ever, a team didn't change its kit for a new year.

I like that juve one.

We've had our kit for two seasons, I think utd's home one will last another season too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mad_Max wrote: »
    I wonder when was the last time, if ever, a team didn't change its kit for a new year.

I like that juve one.

That's the great thing about Baseball and NFL, same Jersey for donkey's years.

Hopefully Newcastle will have a new one out, don't like any of the current Home or Away ones. Would like some st of Retro one. Actually, if that Chelsea template is used (both teams use Adidas) we could have a very nice plain and simple jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

AFAIK home kits have to be kept for two years now so United's should be around again.

However, I've heard a vicious rumour that City are getting a full new range of kits. The current home jersey is on sale in the club shop and the Thomas Cook contract is up this year. Wonder what's gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

V!alli wrote: »
    We've had our kit for two seasons, I think utd's home one will last another season too

Really? Have to say i'm suprised at that. Not sure, I reckon united will bring a new one out. I honestly cant think of a jersey we've kept, could well be very wrong. The current one is nice though.

Edit: Didn't know about that Xavi, that a rule brought in?

I vaugely remember that ruling that Xavi is talkin about, only applied to the English leagues didn't it? Hasn't stopped Milano dishing out a new shirt every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Hopefully Newcastle will have a new one out, don't like any of the current Home or Away ones. Would like some st of Retro one. Actually, if that Chelsea template is used (both teams use Adidas) we could have a very nice plain and simple jersey.
    Yeah I like the Chelsea template. A Newcastle jersey with a collar like the grandad one of 95-97 would be cool. Maybe bring back the red numbers from the 80s too. Our current home strip is one of the worst we've ever had imo, so it's unfortunate in a way that we only change them once every two seasons, while the never-worn away kits get changed every year. I quite liked our Argentina style one this year though. I think we wore it once at Arsenal.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's only for the English league. I think United were given special permission to have last season's jersey for only a year as it was for an anniversary. Same for the Arsenal maroon effort from two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's only for the English league. I think United were given special permission to have last season's jersey for only a year as it was for an anniversary. Same for the Arsenal maroon effort from two years ago.
    Yeah your right with that!

Most Adidas templates are quite good each year, I was delighted when Chelsea switched to them from Umbro. The new spanish shirt is quite nice I must say, might pick it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Andy Reid huh? Must be the extra large size. :pac:

Speaking of XL sizes: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7521/chelfatxm5.jpg

Let the fat Frank jokes begin

All aboard the bandwagon. Wonder how many Lifestyle will sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/large/away_jersey.jpg

ugliest logo ever, pats new away gear.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/large/away_jersey.jpg

ugliest logo ever, pats new away gear.

kdjac

Is that not Sligo's new gear no?! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is Shels' new away jersey.

Similar to that Pat's one, but not the exact same.

I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really dislike the new Liverpool jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

How about the new rochdale one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I'm not too gone on the new Liverpool kit, i like the V-neck, but don't know, they have messed it up a bit with the stripes or something?

Chelsea kit template is nicer,but the blue looks wrong/trashy in the photos of the players?

Rochdale look like they have the marketing of theirs sorted anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I like the Liverpool and Chelsea ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Tusky wrote: »
    I really dislike the new Liverpool jerseys.

Really? I think it's really retro cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

gucci wrote: »
    I'm not too gone on the new Liverpool kit, i like the V-neck, but don't know, they have messed it up a bit with the stripes or something?

Chelsea kit template is nicer,but the blue looks wrong/trashy in the photos of the players?

em the liverpool kit and chelsea kit are pretty much the same template except for the colour and a collar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

to the left of the arsenal one is the villa one by the way

I just noticed.

Xavi - what the fúck were you doing reading PROC? :D

DesF wrote: »
    I just noticed.

Xavi - what the fúck were you doing reading PROC? :D

Ehhhhhhhhh....... *desperately searches for an excuse*

Actually I typed 'home jersey 2008/09' into google and that was one of the results.......I swear!

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote: »
    em the liverpool kit and chelsea kit are pretty much the same template except for the colour and a collar...

Yeah i guess your right, looking at it again (as im less hungover than i was couple of hours ago!) the 'pool kit is actually nice enough. Chelsea kit still looks too bright/shiney or somthing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Came across this supposedly leaked picture of the new United away jersey. Don't know how true it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Not a fan of it........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

That arsenal shirt looks more like a training shirt tbh.
    United will surely have a new white one to replace the current away shirt (they've had it for 2 seasons now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I vaugely remember that ruling that Xavi is talkin about, only applied to the English leagues didn't it? Hasn't stopped Milano dishing out a new shirt every year
    It's not a rule, it's a fans charter that most EPL clubs signed up to, which stated that they would keep all kits for at least two seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It's not a rule, it's a fans charter that most EPL clubs signed up to, which stated that they would keep all kits for at least two seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

It's a charter that Everton musn't have signed up to. My brothers an Everton fan and he always goes crazy when they change their home jersey every season. I think they've had a new 1 for each of the last 5 seasons or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

s_carnage wrote: »
    How about the new rochdale one:

Aside from the dolly bird, that's actually a very nice jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is this club or international jerseys?

I have, *deep breath*, Argentina Home, France Home, Germany Home, Spain Home, Croatia Home, Holland Home, Russia Home, Cameroon Home, Czech Republic Home, Italy Away, Italy Home, Poland Away, Poland Home and thats about it.

I'd like to add Sweden Home and Romania Home to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Aside from the dolly bird, that's actually a very nice jersey.

aside from?! she makes that jersey look good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

not sure if these are official but the 1st and 3rd are great, i'd go for the 3rd!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8543/collagemaglieqd1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

the blue wan is like the oldschool Juve, mid-90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

mid-90s is oldskool?, man I'm old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

0,,10355~3649182,00.jpg

Our new home shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Whats the story with the new Ireland jersey?
    Looks the exact same and did they not release a new one just last year?:confused:

New Spurs -

kitsrq6.jpg

I like the black one there. ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

s_carnage wrote: »
    Came across this supposedly leaked picture of the new United away jersey. Don't know how true it is though.

Ugh I hope that's fake, it's really ugly.

I'd like the black one to stay another year, it's the nicest away we've had for a while.

New Spurs -

kitsrq6.jpg

Woody looks really odd there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

sfc_1210683519_newkitgallery2a.gif

sfc_1210683489_newkitgallery1a.gif

Saints are with Umbro from next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DesF wrote: »
    I like the black one there. ^^

3rd kit, not out until August and will probably be limited edition. I'll be pre-ordering, missed out on my 125 shirt this year.

The home shirt has far too much writing, and the hooped socks are muck.

Like the collar on the blue away kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement