Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2008/09 Jersey Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Sligo Rovers new kit here..

vSligo_030508_bb_01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sligo Rovers new kit here..

vSligo_030508_bb_01.jpg

Cracking picture there mate:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

New West Ham away! i think its quality! nice to see a umbro kit with a little change at least

http://www.megastore.whufc.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_whfc-43201.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

DrMorphine wrote: »
    New West Ham away! i think its quality! nice to see a umbro kit with a little change at least

http://www.megastore.whufc.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_whfc-43201.jpg

Very reminiscent of West Hams classic 93/94 away top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

DrMorphine wrote: »

lol its the England away kit in different colours. Same old Umbro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/

All the releases as they happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Or Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Obviously, I ment atleast they didnt just leave it plain blue like they do for most other umbro kets. Having the claret and white lines look good imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

s_carnage wrote: »
    How about the new rochdale one:

I'd love to get into that particular rochdale kit :p
    Nunu wrote: »
    It's a charter that Everton musn't have signed up to. My brothers an Everton fan and he always goes crazy when they change their home jersey every season. I think they've had a new 1 for each of the last 5 seasons or something?

Yeah, I'm an Evertonian as well. They have had a new home shirt for each of the last 5 or 6 years.

They had special permission for 2 years as 1 year was their 125th anniversary, the next season was their 100th season in the top flight. The next year they changed sponsors. The following year they changed kit manafacturers...

So I don't think it was a particular decision then to do it, it just kinda happened by circumstances..... but in the past 3 seasons they have changed the kit every year (same kit maker, same sponsor) just because they realised they were making a shed-load of cash from the previous years annual changes...

It is kinda a pain in the ass. I would generally only get a home Everton shirt every 2 seasons or if it was particularly nice..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Got the Liverpool one this morning, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

New Pompey home, I hate it. i thought this seasons was lovely, but not a fan of this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the new Arsenal keepers jersey reminds me of a Kimono. tis weird in a way, but i like it.

http://evertonfc.com/2008-09-kit-reveal.html

Quite nice, but way too similar to last seasons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Thats a new home shirt for Everton for must be last 6 seasons in a row now, and Liverpool change their away every season too.......and people accuse Man United of ripping their fans off!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently this is our new home shirt -

2568820110_ae056fe5cb_o.jpg

Very 'meh'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Kind of looks a bit like the cantebury rugby kits....hope its not too tight, might not suit Ronaldinhos gut.............:pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Very 'meh'.

more like 'Gack!'
    the fit looks weird as well. i'd say it would only be comfortable on the slimmest of people. Dunne's chest will probably cause it to explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Very 'meh'.

It's not too bad, but it looks like it's one of those athletic type jersey's, that aren't all that flattering on the fan who likes a pie and a pint.

Le Coq Sportif (or however you spell it) has to be the most meh sports brand out there.

Very 'meh'.

In fairness Xavi6, i had a childhood scarred with memories of Uwe Rosler wearing some particularly offensive on the eye Man City shirts, so tis an improvement.

Villas not due til the late July, why all the hullabaloo about keeping it under wraps when other clubs are selling their kit already is a mystery, not even a dam pic!

Old 1990s Man City crest ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It looks like Stephen Ireland holding it up

At first glance I thought it looked like a woman's fit given the shape but apparently it's not.

It's average at best. If Ronny comes we should buy out Le Coq and get Nike in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Villas not due til the late July, why all the hullabaloo about keeping it under wraps when other clubs are selling their kit already is a mystery, not even a dam pic!
    Their new kit is being sponsored by some charity, or its a deal of some sort to promote them anyways.

Melion wrote: »
    It looks like Stephen Ireland holding it up

So Citys new shorts should be tight-fitting Superman jocks so! :D

At first glance I thought it looked like a woman's fit given the shape but apparently it's not.

It's average at best. If Ronny comes we should buy out Le Coq and get Nike in.

I think a tight top would be too revealing on tubby Ronaldinhos ass, eugh!

Very 'meh'.

I actually think its quite smart...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1309481.ece

unfortunately the pictures going around for the last while are real :( dont like the blue. the black jersey is great

I actually think that's not a bad strip. Long-sleeve ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yaeh I like it as well, think it looks a lot better there on the players than it did in those pics doing the rounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

evad_lhorg wrote: »

unfortunately the pictures going around for the last while are real :( dont like the blue. the black jersey is great
    dont like the blue at all

will there be a new home jersey, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nope,not till next season afaik!

It's done this way so they have a new jersey out every year to get the most revenue possible!

I like it apart from the red bit at the neck...

I like the kit as a whole, the white/blue is at least a change from the constant white/black away colours that theyve had......is there a new black euro kit coming out too? would be a shame cos I like the current black one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

New Arsenal away in all its glory(well, rumoured)
    arsenal_08_09_away_nike_shirt.jpg

Niiiiiiiiice

playa3 wrote: »
    New Arsenal away in all its glory(well, rumoured)
    arsenal_08_09_away_nike_shirt.jpg

Niiiiiiiiice

Thumbs down from me. Looks like baby poo.

Oh dear! they wont be able to see each other with the grey :p

scan.jpg

Oh dear! they wont be able to see each other with the grey :p

scan.jpg

Its pretty pukey... The goalie shirt in that pic is nice.. old-skool!

Yeah....Bruce Grobellaar shaved his tache and has made a comeback :D What I dont wanna see return is those ghastly 1980s skin tight short-shorts that barely covered the players u-kno-wats.....and the gah still have em! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Thats a new home shirt for Everton for must be last 6 seasons in a row now, and Liverpool change their away every season too.......and people accuse Man United of ripping their fans off!?

All teams change their home Shirts every 2 years and away every year. I take it your a Man U fan? All teams do it now. The reason Man U get slated is because they were doing it every year which brought about this rule change.

• Advertisement

No they dont. Uniteds white kit from last season they had for 2 seasons, same with the white one before that, and apart from the special edition home shirt from 06/07 season, United (yeah I am a fan) have ALWAYS kept their home shirt for 2 seasons. Unlike the Everton home , Middlesbro home , and Liverpool away ones which change EVERY year....so your saying United broke the "rules" and now every other club decides to do the same?

Oh that Liverpool shirt is absolutely rotten.

Guessin it's meant to be a throw back to this -

football_shirt_3605_2_276x400.jpg

No they dont. Uniteds white kit from last season they had for 2 seasons, same with the white one before that, and apart from the special edition home shirt from 06/07 season, United (yeah I am a fan) have ALWAYS kept their home shirt for 2 seasons. Unlike the Everton home , Middlesbro home , and Liverpool away ones which change EVERY year....so your saying United broke the "rules" and now every other club decides to do the same?

guess you didnt realise United had a new home and away kit last season then no?! they had a new home and away kit the season before that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

New Liverpool kits are awful but has anyone seen the new Barca home ? Jesus, its bad.

new valencia

titular19j2008c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Liverpool third jersey
    liverpool_08_09_3rd_adidas_shirt_leaked.jpg

Newcastle home, away and keeper.
    newcastle_united_08_09_away_adidas_kit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Tusky wrote: »
    New Liverpool kits are awful but has anyone seen the new Barca home ? Jesus, its bad.
    Any pics, Tusky? Their away one is nice. Reminiscent of their early 1980s away except vertical instead of diagonal.

Here:

n_f_c_barcelona_varios_23745.jpg

They should have just kept it simple.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Holy ****.

What the hell is that?

Maybe its fake ? I dunno.

Tusky wrote: »
    Maybe its fake ? I dunno.

has to be... surely the die hard Barca fans would go nuts at the new format... and it looks like something you'd by from a Gypsies stall outside a stadium...

• Advertisement
Advertisement