Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction early in the morn!

Options
  • 28-04-2008 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

I brought this up before but cant find the thread...the site on the monivea road that used to be crown control..they have been knocking and digging for the past few months there. i understand its an underlying bed of rock and so have put up with the vibrations and house shakes. But now its kicked off again the past week after a quiet month or so..but at twenty to eight this mornin or earlier,i only woke up then so it may have been earlier( took some painkillers last night that made me drowsy so didnt wake till the alarm went off) but i value my sleep,and the noise has woken people in the house before eight too. quite hard to get back to sleep to be honest! who do i go to if this considerably pre-8am noise continues? and to find out if they have a special licence to do this? digging usually goes on till seven or so in the eve.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you complain to the Environment dept. in the City Council the last time?

You could check if the planning conditions are being complied with with respect to hours of operation by finding out their permission file no.
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Planning/

Check to see if there is a residents' committee in your area and contact them.

One of the councillors for the east ward lives in that area, contact them to see what can be done.
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/YourCouncil/CouncilMembers/NorthandEastWard/

All else fails, hold a one-woman picket at the entrance gates :)

Tbh, if the work is only going to last till the summer, you might just have to grin and bear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks for that! the digging stopped last time. it has been quiet digging wise until a few days ago. ill check those files out online,have a listen tomorrow morning,and buy some paint in powells for my placard! teehee. im generally not that fussy but when it comes to sleep i dont get a lot of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Get onto Planning Control at Tel: 091 536599
    They are responsible for ensuring planning conditions are adhered to. I would imagine one of the conditions would be no groundworks between 7pm and 9am but give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

snubbleste wrote: »
    Did you complain to the Environment dept. in the City Council the last time?

You could check if the planning conditions are being complied with with respect to hours of operation by finding out their permission file no.
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Planning/

Check to see if there is a residents' committee in your area and contact them.

One of the councillors for the east ward lives in that area, contact them to see what can be done.
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/YourCouncil/CouncilMembers/NorthandEastWard/

All else fails, hold a one-woman picket at the entrance gates :)

Tbh, if the work is only going to last till the summer, you might just have to grin and bear it.

+1

It is highly likely that the planning has a specific stipulation with regard to the times at with work can be carried out, given that the site is so close to a residential area. If a time is stipulated and the builders are working outside of this then they are acting in breach of thier planning permission and your first port of call should be the planning office in the county buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    +1

It is highly likely that the planning has a specific stipulation with regard to the times at with work can be carried out, given that the site is so close to a residential area. If a time is stipulated and the builders are working outside of this then they are acting in breach of thier planning permission and your first port of call should be the planning office in the county buildings.

Not County Buildings as its in the City

• Advertisement

sgthighway wrote: »
    Not County Buildings as its in the City

I stand corrected!

Cheers. rang that number and asked the times they can work on that site. said they would ring me tomorrow. thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

its usually 7am to 6pm, but can vary.

7.30AM this morning. there was some noise from 7am but not the gravel/digging noise. ill get back onto the planning office at 9.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's all a government plan to make sure citizens are productive and getting up at 7am..

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's all a government plan to make sure citizens are productive and getting up at 7am..

That and chemtrails...

Advertisement