Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones' Pub Clane?

Options
  • 28-04-2008 8:30am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was driving past there this morning and there were a lot of firemen around, looked like there had been a pretty nasty fire in Jones' pub during the night... Anyone have any more info on it? I drink/drank there a good bit, place was meant to be opening a disco bar this month.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Didn't hear about a fire or see any firemen but at 07:30 there were a couple of guards banging on the door. I thought someone had gone a bit far on the "lock in".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah this was about 6.45..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I heard the new Disco bar has smoke damage.

Latest up date,the Disco Bar was not damaged.The word on the street is the bar in the front was badly damaged,you wouldent know from outside there had been a fire.Hope the new part is able to open a lot of people are really looking forward to it and the Steak House.

Yeah Clane really needs a good disco bar, save eveyone treking down to Dowlings... urgh lol

• Advertisement

I dont go there(to old)but if i was younger and could go to Dowlings,I would rather have someone stick pins in my eyes and slowly pull off my fingernails,its beyond a kip.So for all the young people of Clane I hope the Disco Bar takes off.

Yeah bit of a sh1thole alright, it's ok for a late drink though if you don't fancy going to Naas or somewhere further afield..

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

popped my head in today, dont think there was a fire but the place has been gutted. Builders are in and looks like a serious renovation is underway. There is nothing but the outside shell and roof left..It was a great pub, will be missed, but was in need of renovating.

where is this Dowlings place?

stek wrote: »
    popped my head in today, dont think there was a fire but the place has been gutted. Builders are in and looks like a serious renovation is underway. There is nothing but the outside shell and roof left..It was a great pub, will be missed, but was in need of renovating.
    There was a fire alright,what makes you say there was no fire.
    You dont want to know where Dowlings is,belive me Im doing you a favour.;)

• Advertisement

The Pub will be back Im told in around two months,wont be the same it will loose its old worldy charm (all the old pictures of the famous horses and people were burned),but the nice staff will be back and the old drinkers!!

stek wrote: »
    where is this Dowlings place?

Prosperous.. Fabulous place, specially if you can get on the VIP list, but they're very selective...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 P.A.L.A.S

Yes, 'cos let's face it - if you can't get on the VIP list in Dowlings, there's definitely something up...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Just a little fact.
    Dowlings is where Christy Moore got started.

Another fact.
    Dowlings is a hole. I know lots of people who got stabbed/attacked/hospitalised in there.

littlejp wrote: »
    Just a little fact.
    Dowlings is where Christy Moore got started.

Another fact.
    Dowlings is a hole. I know lots of people who got stabbed/attacked/hospitalised in there.

It's closed down now anyway, is it not?

If its not closed down,it should be(years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

not yet. there's rumours of a demolition soon but these rumours crop up every couple of years. I'd love to see it blown up. It's a bloody eyesore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AvatarKildare

Whats the hotspot in Clane to head out in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Whats the hotspot in Clane to head out in?

Time in Naas :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 P.A.L.A.S

It's true. Manzor's is a little bit uppity and little older - not exactly a rollicking place, but Time is the place of choice. Either that or B2 in Maynooth. That's where I'd go anyway.

• Advertisement

P.A.L.A.S wrote: »
    It's true. Manzor's is a little bit uppity and little older - not exactly a rollicking place, but Time is the place of choice. Either that or B2 in Maynooth. That's where I'd go anyway.

I was there Saturday night, wasn't impressed with the music at all, they played Cotton Eye Joe and 5ive FFS... among other atrocities.. +1 for Time though, The Court in Naas is ok aswell and Graces..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

will b open in 5 weeks gud pub.dowlings a dump:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

Is there still going to be this "steakhouse" when the pub is opened? Good pub grub is badly needed in Clane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

xzanti wrote: »
    I was there Saturday night, wasn't impressed with the music at all, they played Cotton Eye Joe and 5ive FFS... among other atrocities.. +1 for Time though, The Court in Naas is ok aswell and Graces..

Time is probably the worst club Ive ever set foot in. Every time I have the misfortune of going there its like groundhog day; the same crappy night over and over again. The music is appalling (Im sorry, but a proper club should play some dance music rather than the rubbish R&B they insist on playing), the 80s bar seems to have the same cd on rotation every night (it actually got to the point where I could sing the next song before it came on...) and is packed serioulsy beyond what I would consider a safe level, and the place itself is just a hole. Irelands premier superclub my a*se...

The Court or Graces are not much better IMO. The only half ways decent place in Naas to drink is Haydens, and even on a Saturday night it gets so ridiculously packed its not nice to be in. Lawlors isnt too bad I suppose.

it back open this sunday:D

@Anyone been in yet??

Don't think it's open, I was down there the weekend and didn't hear anything about it being open.. I could be wrong though..

ye going to be another 2 weeks now.sooner the better.that hotel crap:D

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

There were seven guys outside painting it this morning at 7am. Very close to opening I'd say.

• Advertisement

redarmy wrote: »
    ye going to be another 2 weeks now.sooner the better.that hotel crap:D

Go to Kenny's, they can use a few more customers :D

Advertisement