Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones' Pub Clane?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

They have been closed since last Sat,new guy leasing it. I think its opening today.
    The hotel doesent feel like a local,its ok for a drink and a meal but it would never be "your local"!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

holly1 wrote: »
    They have been closed since last Sat,new guy leasing it. I think its opening today.
    The hotel doesent feel like a local,its ok for a drink and a meal but it would never be "your local"!!!!

Kenny's???

Yeap!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry-my-spacer-not-working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

got word today back open next fri for sure:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

xzanti wrote: »
    Go to Kenny's, they can use a few more customers :D

Ah the good old Jockey, what a classy place.

• Advertisement

redarmy wrote: »
    got word today back open next fri for sure:D

Friday-28th.Only-they-are-not-opening-the-Steak-House-yet!!!!!!:confused:and-it-is-ready!!!!:(

I was told it was opening tonight.. Oh well, the Jockey it is :pac:

sorry lads another 10 days:(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

I heard that it will re-opening this Wednesday.

Claonadh1 wrote: »
    I heard that it will re-opening this Wednesday.
    ye wenesday nite:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spupotter

As someone living here all my life I hope the late bar either doesn't open or is very well run. There is already a problem with the state of the village over weekends with rubbish from the pubs and chippers everywhere. Also the village is getting a bit rougher and a nightclub/disco bar attracting every scobie in North Kildare won't make things any better. I am not an ould dry ****e but I do want the village kept in some sort of decent state.

sorry but i think u are.it will b well run.scobies will leave rubbish around if it opens or not,more than 1 pub in clane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spupotter

Red - you are entitled to your opinion.

However;
    1. you are very sure it will be well run....admire your confidence but I think I will wait and see
    2. you are right about the scobies and the rubbish...in fairness the chippers have a lot to answer for....same in every village I suppose
    3. Also if there was hassle in or outside a disco bar in Clane I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on the local cops to help out
    4. Dowlings was a mess...some nights it made Beirut look tame - wouldn't like to see Jones go the same way

I have to admire the owners investment but I do hope they will run it right - I am sure at closing time in the bar I will be glad of the possibility of a few more late ones...might see you at the bar some night!!!!

grand.dont think u can put it in same bracket as dowlings.??? i just think thy run gud pub meself.hopefulley the new part wont take away from the bar i know.maby c ye there:D:D:D

Wednesday-for-sure!!!

Wednesday-for-sure!!!
    ye deffo:D:D

Heard-it-may-not-#e-Wednesday-now.
    Will-it-wont-it,Will-it-wont-it!!!!!!!

will be.but mit be late .around 9ish;)

Did-you-go-to-Jones-last-night-redarmy,if-so-what-is-it-like-now?

Did-you-go-to-Jones-last-night-redarmy,if-so-what-is-it-like-now?
    ye went down .very nice.really diffrent place now.

• Advertisement

Went in on Thursday night for 1 with the bf, very nice, much more open than it was before, I like the centred bar.. very 'Cheers' :D I'd say it'll do well..

Ronny Wood was in there last nite.. anyone else see him? Aparently he drinks in there all the time..

ye seen him there meself. looked fairly jared. he dose be down in manzors a fair bit.:cool:

redarmy wrote: »
    ye seen him there meself. looked fairly jared. he dose be down in manzors a fair bit.:cool:

He was with that new bit of fluff that's causing all the fuss in the news :DI thought it was his grandaughter :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leekie

Hey all, did anyone else here that Jones in Clane is shutting down?? Thats the rumour any way but I really hope not.... Please advise if you know more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Leekie wrote: »
    Hey all, did anyone else here that Jones in Clane is shutting down?? Thats the rumour any way but I really hope not.... Please advise if you know more!

Sometimes rumours like this can be self-fulfilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leekie

brian_t wrote: »
    Sometimes rumours like this can be self-fulfilling.

Hopefully it is just a rumour anyway! I also heard that it could just be the disco bar upstairs?? If anyone knows any more please post, Id be gutted if they shut either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The company behind it is in examinership.

Yes, word on the street is they have gone into receivership.. Maudlins Hotel is also going to the wall.. same owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

xzanti wrote: »
    Yes, word on the street is they have gone into receivership.. Maudlins Hotel is also going to the wall.. same owners.

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/home_more_details/12-06-08/Appointment_of_Interim_Examiner_Clane_Inn_Limited.aspx

That's the company behind it. They might be able to get out of a hole but given the state of the finances of the ultimate owners across a range of other businesses I wouldn't have much hope at least under current ownership.

Advertisement