Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSTL and foreign characters

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm having problems with JSTL and swapping accented foreign vowels for just the vowels without any accent. An example is below.
    <c:set var="link" value="${fn:replace(link,'&#233;','e')}" />

I want to replace all the accents or some browsers will not recognise the é and the link won't work, but this doesn't seem to be working for me. I have searched the internet and found no answer so if anyone has tried and succeeded in doing this and they would like to impart some wisdom I would be very grateful :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

You try using the unicode escape sequence for é in the string? I know in java code you can specify String s="\u00e9"; to represent é. Maybe it will work in the fn:replace function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Thanks, I'll give that a go then and see how I get on.

Advertisement