Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards very slow

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

In the last week or so, Boards loads very slowly - taking about five times as long to load as other sites (rough estimate). Is there a reason?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ye I am getting the same thing, especially when waiting on fogra responces

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Not ads - I don't use Boards ads, never had 'em work for me. Just ordinary forum pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OK I've googled it and gotten loads of foreign language results so I'm still unenlightened...... what the heck is fogra?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

eo980 wrote: »
    OK I've googled it and gotten loads of foreign language results so I'm still unenlightened...... what the heck is fogra?
    A server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

eo980 wrote: »
    As Sherifu said, it's a server.

It's named for the Irish word fógra, meaning advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sherifu wrote: »
    As Sherifu said, it's a server.

It's named for the Irish word fógra, meaning advertisement.

Ahh thank you very much. I'm afraid I was never a fan of irish in school and then there was all this talk of fogra as an 'entity' in relation to boards so I was a wee bit lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Boards has really become so slow - it now takes 70 seconds for each page to open for me, which is really off putting... it didnt used to be anywhere near as slow when i first joined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ODS wrote: »
    Boards has really become so slow - it now takes 70 seconds for each page to open for me, which is really off putting... it didnt used to be anywhere near as slow when i first joined :(
    The problem should be fixed now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55784439&postcount=86

Advertisement