Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Life coaching

• 28-04-2008 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi there, can any one give me some feed back on life coaching please? I am seriously considering doing a course in LC soon but would love some advice and recommendations. I am also researching a good reiki master as I would love to pocess the gift. I fany one knows a good recognised LC course and Reiki course please forward the details.

thanks so much. I would like to add that as I have moved to Dublin recently I am only interested in courses in the city area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Yeah it makes me feel a little uncomfortable to find questions about life coaching and reiki in the psychology forum (which, let's remind ourselves, is in the SCIENCE section)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

thanks for that article Gibs, it was quite interesting. It seems horribly unfair that over- confident charlatans are squeezing out trained psychologists and therapists although maybe there's something to be learned from their success?

Oh yeah, your "irish music" link has been deleted from myspace

Valmont wrote: »
    ... maybe there's something to be learned from their success?

Agreed!
    Valmont wrote: »
    Oh yeah, your "irish music" link has been deleted from myspace

Thanks for the heads up - working again now!! (must remember to check sig now and again....:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

As a therapist as opposed tp a psychologist, I not sure I would agree, Gibs and Valmont may I ask what you think the is to be learned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Marketing. If life coaches have been so successful and appealing to certain individuals in the absence any credentials or formal psychological training, one should look at how they package their product. Everyone is all too aware of the slight taboo that comes along with therapy and these life coaches give men the opportunity to get help without labeling themselves as 'in therapy'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Yeah I see your point, my thing on them is they appear to offer quick fixes, and answer all you questions, from an analytical viewpoint you can't have therapy without a question.

Your spot on thought on the marketing thing the more I think on it, whether its life coacheing, NLP or Reki etc, things that take very little time to qualify in when compared to our five year minimum these people seem to have no problem in offering theselves and their technique to everyone.

Yeah at the same time say they are not doing therapy, I don't want to generalise too much as I'm sure they are ethical people doing this type of work. However, I heard one horror storyfrom a client of a reki person want her to write letters to the person's dead father who had abused them, this person had no therapeutic quals whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!

What Valmont said...:)

Advertisement