Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh My God - Documentary

Options
  • 28-04-2008 9:47am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trailer for a documentary due out later this year.

Looks pretty interesting.

From the director on the website:
    We are experiencing days of Religious turmoil, of fundamentalism, fanaticism and the breakdown of spirituality through technology and reason. After the collapse of the piety that was rooted in myth, cult, occult, ancient myths and religions, I ask the question, “What is God?” It’s not so much “Who is God”, but “What” is God?

I want this question to be answered from the mouths of many different people - from religious leaders to a peasant child; from an industrialist to a fisherman off the coast of India; from a Hollywood celebrity to a Maasai Warrior.

I want to keep religion out of the equation as far as possible. This film is not about religion and the tribes in which people eke out their lives; this film is about God and what God means to the individual. By default, there is an inexorable link between God and religion, and the film will cover those from each significant camp, but the film is really about the personal relationship of an individual with God and visa-versa and not the doctrines that their religion expounds.

This film will therefore be personal and each individual story will strike at our hearts, make us laugh, make us cry and when viewed collectively these stories will create one thread, one structure, that is the amalgam of their parts and will transcend the boundaries of color, creed, upbringing, religious beliefs, class/caste and education.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Looks alright....

But I'm more interested in when Bill Maher's documentary Religulous is coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Personal documentary?

*runs to the hills*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its an interesting approach. Its long been said that what the person in the street believes is very much different to what the preacher or the book says. However I can imagine that it will all boil down to the typical deistic view of a supreme power that the debate usually ends up in rather than anything more rational. At least this is more refreshing than the usual view that they're all fundies etc etc...

It looks quite nicely shot too.

Advertisement