Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Week Spin 30th of April

Options
  • 28-04-2008 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi guys.

Anybody interested in going for a spin on Wednesday?
    6pm, clontarf cycle track as always?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I had a bit of a crash on friday morning so im not sure if ill be able to go on wednesday just have to give the bike a once over if its alright and my eye has healed enough ill be in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

peterk19 wrote: »
    I had a bit of a crash on friday morning so im not sure if ill be able to go on wednesday just have to give the bike a once over if its alright and my eye has healed enough ill be in

Crap, you ok man!? What happened, and what did ya do to the eye?

Crap, you ok man!? What happened, and what did ya do to the eye?

ya im grand it looks worse than it is, was turning a corner on friday morning and some genius decided that manholes should be put on corners 3deep so theres no way of avoiding them that mixed with rain caused my eyebrow to break the fall, i was knocked out for a couple of minutes woke up groggy to realise people would prefer to leave ya lying there bleeding in the middle of the road than help, went to the hospital got my eyebrow glued

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I used to ride racehorses and I think cycling is even more dangerous.

I can't wait for the bike to arrive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

peterk19 wrote: »
    ya im grand it looks worse than it is, was turning a corner on friday morning and some genius decided that manholes should be put on corners 3deep so theres no way of avoiding them that mixed with rain caused my eyebrow to break the fall, i was knocked out for a couple of minutes woke up groggy to realise people would prefer to leave ya lying there bleeding in the middle of the road than help, went to the hospital got my eyebrow glued

Christ, that's nasty... them manholes are out to get all cyclists I tells ya!

Glad you're ok... it never fails to surprise me that people will go past someone lying in a heap than see if they're ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

so you could have landed face first into a puddle + drowned?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Ten years ago I landed on my face on the N32 and broke teeth. An off-duty garda drove me home and a lady driver took care of my bike. Three years ago I went over the handlebars in Howth. Two men out walking helped me up, having first made sure I wasn't crippled as I landed on my back. I was brought into a nearby house, cleaned up and then driven home with the bike in boot of the car. I've no doubt that there are a lot of inconsiderate people out there but there are still a few good people out there too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

ya i suppose drowning was a possibility not one i thought of,

@Hermy ive no doubt that theres still good people out there i was just unlucky that there was none around at the time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I've been off the bike for the past three years so I'm just hoping that all the good samaritans haven't gone away in the meantime.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sorry to hear about your crash Peter, I hope you are OK.
    I won't be out on Wednesday as I will mostly be watching the Champion's League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭erizo

hey peter, hope you get well soon.
    Raam, no worries. your rythm is still to strong for me or i was too sore from previous evening training. I'd love to watch the match on wednesday too, though have to trick the gf to cook dinner!!hehe

Anyway, if nobody joins up, i'll head to blessington from citywest and then back through powerscourt.

See you guys.

Advertisement